Suit Filed against Bonne Terre Mine / West End

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive op (west end) is fighting or not responding to discovery?
I have no dog in this fight, but I have been there twice and it was very cool. However, if the rent is 10% of gross revenues or $500, whichever is more, I can see why they don't want to share info. From Bonne Terre Mine , a dive is anywhere between $90 and $150 and I bet they did over a hundred dives each day that I was there. 10% of that is a lot.

I have no dog in this fight, but I have been there twice and it was very cool. However, if the rent is 10% of gross revenues or $500, whichever is more, I can see why they don't want to share info. From Bonne Terre Mine , a dive is anywhere between $90 and $150 and I bet they did over a hundred dives each day that I was there. 10% of that is a lot.

I am in the same position, in regards to neutrality. I have never been there, and a few things there just kinda set cross-ways with me. Not that they are wrong, per se. I just disagree. Looks like some nice dives, though.

On the Covid 19 end. I don't know what the county rules are for them. Missouri, has lifted (to my knowledge) all restrictions.

DW

Yes but reading the news story it was 10 percent of the admissions receipts not of the diving charges and that may be on of the issues.

Yes but reading the news story it was 10 percent of the admissions receipts not of the diving charges and that may be on of the issues.
They don't charge you to get on the property. You have to have an admission of some sort to get down to the water. The devil would be in the details of the wording.

I was there last month. I did 3 dives with no issues at all. To reference an earlier response, yeah some of the rules are overly strict, but make sense in the grand scheme of things. As of late July, it was operating 2 groups of 10-12 divers, 3 dives per group.

I was there last month. I did 3 dives with no issues at all. To reference an earlier response, yeah some of the rules are overly strict, but make sense in the grand scheme of things. As of late July, it was operating 2 groups of 10-12 divers, 3 dives per group.

How strict would you say they are? I'm reading through the rules and it all seems understandable to me, short of their wetsuit guidelines; I dive a 5mm overall in 60 deg water and do just fine, but they're saying a 7mm is required.

I have massive issues with their cancellation policy. If you can’t go, you lose your money. Period. No credits or ability to reschedule. I was reading in a diving group on FB where a gal said her boyfriend had to go into the hospital and BT refused to reschedule, even with a doctor’s letter. That really rubs me the wrong way. I refuse to go there. Even if I wanted to go, too many steps.

CaptainPanda,
I can’t speak to the cancellation policy but they were strict in the following ways:

The group walks down the shaft together, and walks up together, no exceptions.

They will not allow you to use a light.. according to our guide (her name was Amanda and she was great) it’s because that’s how the guides communicate back and forth, but this means you end up having to be right on the lead guide to see what they are showing

They were kind of touchy on video and photo taking. On the first dive, we were told outright no cameras of any kind. On the second dive, when I explained my dad has a dive instruction company and they wanted to advertise a possible trip, I was allowed as long as the guide deemed I wasn’t presenting a hazard or chasing a shot.

the rules are understandable, but I could easily see how some folks could be rubbed the wrong way.

CaptainPanda,
I can’t speak to the cancellation policy but they were strict in the following ways:

The group walks down the shaft together, and walks up together, no exceptions.

They will not allow you to use a light.. according to our guide (her name was Amanda and she was great) it’s because that’s how the guides communicate back and forth, but this means you end up having to be right on the lead guide to see what they are showing

They were kind of touchy on video and photo taking. On the first dive, we were told outright no cameras of any kind. On the second dive, when I explained my dad has a dive instruction company and they wanted to advertise a possible trip, I was allowed as long as the guide deemed I wasn’t presenting a hazard or chasing a shot.

the rules are understandable, but I could easily see how some folks could be rubbed the wrong way.
You just killed any desire I had to go there.

It was a good trip wetb4, and the rules are understandable, just something to deal with. I would advise anyone who is going to pack light. You tote your kit down the shaft, they have tanks and a fill station by the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom