Suit Filed against Bonne Terre Mine / West End

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

13 years of unpaid rent..... That's pretty ridiculous. I'm curious to see the response from the dive shop.

I can't imagine that the business was so unsuccessful that they couldn't afford $500/year to keep the owner off their back, even if they were being shady and not reporting their income. "Drat, 10% is below the yearly lease. Here's the $500 we owe," regardless of how much they were actually taking in.

Diving there was a unique experience. I don't think I would go back unless the draconian rules they have change and no opportunities to tech dive. Maybe this is an opportunity to change for the better?

I've been to the mine 4-5 times and have always enjoyed working with the guide staff - they're friendly, knowledgeable people who do a great job within the system that the shop owner enforces. However, I don't think it's a great system.

I'd love to see another operation come in with more flexible/sensible rules re: carrying lights, laying permanent lines, etc.

I've been to the mine 4-5 times and have always enjoyed working with the guide staff - they're friendly, knowledgeable people who do a great job within the system that the shop owner enforces. However, I don't think it's a great system.

I'd love to see another operation come in with more flexible/sensible rules re: carrying lights, laying permanent lines, etc.

If it were run like Ginnie I would go
As is? no thanks

Worked there as a safety diver in the 80s. The folks I worked and dove with were great. I don't have the same opinion, however, for the then owner and principal running things. For the sake of the dive community I hope there is a way diving can continue. Keep us posted on updates of the legal proceedings. Very interesting.

This case is still grinding on...

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/c...r=19SF-AC01337&inputVO.courtId=SMPDB0005_CT24

It's curious that the dive shop operation is represented by team of 4 attorneys... Seems like a large / expensive legal team for a rent and possession suit. If this is a pretty straight forward rent and possession lawsuit seeking eviction - either the tenant satisfied their contractual obligation - or they didn't. I guess we'll see how this winds its way through the courts.

and with covid court closures and related issues it looks like it has a ways to go.

This case is still grinding on...

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/c...r=19SF-AC01337&inputVO.courtId=SMPDB0005_CT24

It's curious that the dive shop operation is represented by team of 4 attorneys... Seems like a large / expensive legal team for a rent and possession suit. If this is a pretty straight forward rent and possession lawsuit seeking eviction - either the tenant satisfied their contractual obligation - or they didn't. I guess we'll see how this winds its way through the courts.
The dive op (west end) is fighting or not responding to discovery?

The dive op (west end) is fighting or not responding to discovery?
I can't see the actual filings on the site that was posted above but yes there appears just from the entries that there are discovery related motions but also I see that the D filed a counterclaim and that another party has intervened as well so it does look contested and slowly moving forward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom