Suit Filed against Bonne Terre Mine / West End

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a trained cave diver, I find it ridiculous that they make you work your way through the routes 1-50ish. Having to pay 90-150 each go. That means thousands must be spent at this location in order to get to the more fun routes. No lights is just stupid and unsafe IMO. I wish they offered a tech-diver option where we can just go do our thing.

Maybe this suit will wind up being a good thing. If the current operator goes away and a new one shows up who will actually pay the rent and bring some less restrictive policies. It doesn't seem like a stretch for that to happen unless Doe Run has some other idea in mind for the property.

My recollection is that there are multiple physical entrances to the mind, but West End Diving has the lease to the convenient one.

I'd love to see someone else build a shop and infrastructure at one of the other locations and make it accessible for trained cavers.

This dive is on my bucket list, but just a few hours more and I can be at the Great Lakes where you cant swing a dead cat and not hit a sunken wreck. I've tried several times to put a trip together, but Cozumel always turns out to be a better deal for me.

I get the rules. With the miles and miles of routes, it would only take one idiot to ruin it for everybody. Scuba has its share of idiots and Darwin has a way of weeding them out, with the negligence/ wrongful death lawsuit to follow.

If my schedule frees up his summer, I may put a trip together for a day or 2 at BT, then drive on up to Chicago for Pizza, 32 something Beer, Dipped Hot Italian Sandwiches, more local beer, Chicago Dogs, some local beer, a slice or 2, a little wreck diving, and a beer or two...... and maybe some local beer.

Rules suck, but with opportunities to get lost, run out of air, some overhead, and the American legal system...I get it. Panic and her brother Grim are on every dive.

Safe Travels Everyone!!

Jay

Well I had been following this thread wondering what the outcome would be just looked the case up and found that there is a jury trial scheduled for June 3rd next year this one seems to have been postpone a bunch due to COVID ( go figure lol).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom