suit/components for Florida Springs in Dec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnoz8

Reaction score
I'm a newbie:) looking for advice. I'll be doing my checkout dives at the Florida Springs in December. What should I wear? I have a 3/2 now, as most of my diving will be in the tropical waters. Should I wear a hood w/vest, shorty, etc. over it? HELP!! Don't wanna freeze. Thx

I'm a newbie:) looking for advice. I'll be doing my checkout dives at the Florida Springs in December. What should I wear? I have a 3/2 now, as most of my diving will be in the tropical waters. Should I wear a hood w/vest, shorty, etc. over it? HELP!! Don't wanna freeze. Thx

Water is constant temp, around 72 degrees. I dive in a 3mm. It's going to be way colder out of the water than in it, if you catch a rare cold day in Florida.

I just returned from FL spring country. As Netsloth said, water temps will be the same in December as in the rest of the year. 69-72 or so degrees.

I tend to get a little chilled diving so I wore a 3mm fullsuit over a 5/3 hooded vest, 3mm gloves and my usual 5mm booties. I was with divers that wore 3mm and no hoods that seemed to do just fine, though.

Sort of like selecting sleeping bags for camping -- lots of variation among individuals as to what works to keep them warm.

The issue will be after your dives, not during your dives. I'd go with at least a 5mm full length suit. No gloves or hood needed. What you will need is a warm cap and coat to put on once you get out of the water. Temperatures around here will be in the high 50s/low 60s as the high for the day. In the mornings, when you're most likely to be doing your dives, you might even see temps in the 30s and 40s. It will be nice getting into the water, but not getting out. Bring warm water to the sites with you to pour in your suit after the dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom