Suggestions on learning longhouse primary ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ares1590

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I’m switching from bcd and octopus style hoses to bpw and long hose primary donate

Any good resources on additional tips or training or education for making this swap? Thanks.

It isn’t rocket surgery. The most important thing is to make sure you can deploy the primary without it being trapped by anything on your right side.

I don't have any training with the ISE agency, but found their videos on how to set up the regs and the harness very helpful

Regs:

Harness:

Frog Kick Diving also has a good page on reg setup, with pictures: FROG KICK DIVING | FKD

BTW, if your first stage reg has a "5th port" on the end, I find that it is the best port for the long hose, with the first stage mounted to the valve at maybe approximately 15-30 degrees clockwise, such that the long hose port is pointing toward the diver's right hip.

Back
Top Bottom