suggestions for Palawan pls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okidoki

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there,

I am interested to go to Palawan next May, I see the island is quite large any one would like to share their experience pls and any suggestions are welcome, we are not looking for luxury accommodation but for great diving.

Very good wreck diving in Coron.
The diving at El Nido is nothing to write home about.
There is a expensive resort at Taytay which also offer scuba diving.
Puerto Princesa is the gateway to dive the awesome Tubataha Reef (mid Mar- mid June) but liveaboard ONLY.

Thx Centrals, I see it is not to exciting then, any one has dived Donsol what else is there to see apart from the whale sharks??

You can only snorkel with the whale shark at Donsol and equally at Southern Leyte(Sogod Bay).
Ticao Island Resort offers Manta in its web site.

i was just wondering if there was any good diving there as well, otherwise I will do some exploration diving of the coast of Camarines Sur.

Since you're in Palawan, I suggest that before looking for a resort in that area, you might want to consider booking in one of the liveaboards that offers regular scheduled trips to Tubbataha, for a real exciting and unforgettable dive experience.

On the topside, if you're in Puerto Princesa, don't miss out eating in the Vietnamese Village Restaurant (authentic and excellent vietnamese cuisine), as well as, "Ka Lui's" (for affordable and excellent lobster).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom