Suggestions for novice diver in Barbados?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kate_Canuck

Reaction score
I will be stopping over in Barbados in November for a long weekend at the end of a business trip. I have to get some work done, and will be staying with my non-diving friend who lives there. I hope to fit in a couple of dives (one or two half days) while I'm there. I won't be able to pack much gear (except gloves, mask and snorkel). Does anyone have recommendations for a dive shop with good equipment, an emphasis on safety, and dives that suit a very novice diver - e.g. only a few post-certification dives? I think I'd prefer boat dives to shore dives and prefer fauna to flora or wrecks.
Thanks.

Kate_Canuck:
. Does anyone have recommendations for a dive shop with good equipment, an emphasis on safety, and dives that suit a very novice diver - e.g. only a few post-certification dives? Thanks.

If the South coast is convenient, I would recommend Sara at "One on One Scuba." She runs a good shop and is located at the Sandy Beach Island Resort, Worthing, Christchurch.

www.one-on-one-scuba.com

email sayers@sunbeach.net

Best regards; jbm

Hello. I would suggest Reefers & Wreckers on the West coast, located in Speightstown. I am a non experienced diver and have been diving with them a few times. They do both reefs and wrecks. I am going there myself in November, hopefully to get my certification.

Ditto on One-on One Scuba. Sara runs a great operation. I dove with her last April, and had a great experience. Last I heard she was planning to move locations. You may want to check out her website first.

SW

I am not wild about the people i used when i went there...but a friend of mine used... the dive shop....and was happy.

For your skill level i would recommend you use someone that can take you to the PAMIR wreck. And., make sure it is a morning dive before it gets all mucked up from other divers. The PAMIR sits at about 40 to 60 feet and some great swim throughs.

Take care and good luck. Let us know here how it turned out.

rich

ps...if you have questions feel free to pm me

Hello. Are you not happy about the R&W divers? What do you think is not good? When did you have your experience with them?
Would you suggest me to find another diveshop? Any suggestions? I am planning to do my certification next time and are looking for good places.

Speedbird....
If you are addressing your question to me...pls pm me. If not...never mind !

Back
Top Bottom