Sugar barge in Bradenton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could join you guys!

fgray1:
We can do both the same day. Maybe even 3 or 4 dives. Then when I'm done a Night dive too. Lets set the date and get lots to come.
Fred

I'm in for one on the barge and one or two on the reef and (maybe) a night dive. I'm thinking I'll get a room nearby- I'm too damn old and out of shape to drive back after a day like that! :11:

<sigh> It's tough finding babysitting for 4 for all day :(. Assuming I can find a babysitter, I'll have to limit myself to 1/2 day. Although I would like to do a night dive again soon. I'm going to try to make it work.

Florida's
Underwater
Archaeological
Preserves

Ooops Walter is right but dont tell him I said so!

Regina
Regina was a steel steamer built in 1904 in Belfast, Ireland, by the Workman, Clark & Co. shipyard for the Cuban Molasses Transportation Co., based in Havana. She was 247 ft. in length, with a 36 ft. beam, a 14 ft. draft, and was rated at 1,155 gross tons with a net tonnage of 669. Designed with a single deck and a single propeller powered by a triple-expansion steam engine producing 850 hp., the steamer also was rigged as a schooner for auxiliary power, and fitted with electric lighting.

This sounds like a nice shore dive and I have never done a wreck. Seems to be a nice starter one to go on. Walter, ReefGuy, CBulla keep me in mind if anyones decides to go.

Wildbill:cop_2:

It'll be a few weeks for me - I'm taking off Thursday to head up towards Ginnie Springs with a stop at the Crystal River to canoe/possible dive - then to Ginnie -then Sunday maybe Blue or Poe Spring nearby. Next weekend I'm diving Ft Lauderdale (even though the laderdale dives abandoned me for Key Largo) to dive Saturday before going to the Jimmy Buffet concert then again Sunday before heading home.. I'm thinking that the Regina is a month out for me. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom