Suex vr dpv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ:
To be fair: for the price of these two you would not even get one Xjoy 37. There must be a difference somewhere.

But it's good to hear these small dpv's offer some serious performance. Had my doubts seeing the specs from Suex.

it doesn't have any luxurious futures but i think its the best dpv you can get for this price (in Europe). The xjoy is nicer, but like you said the xjoy 37 costs more then 2 times the price of 1 vr.

I think the specs are pretty good actually, compared to the older models xjoy 14/37.

View attachment 472295

Last week the suex vr's arrived, so it was time for a test dive today. I made a 50 minute dive with a buddy that owns the newer model of the xjoy 37. Overall i'm really happy with the vr. Its more then strong enough for a diver with dry suit and doubles/stages. The 2 things that really miss out on this dpv is the cruise control and the stepless speed control. Also it doesn't have a gauge meter nor a bypass. But then again the price is really appealing, its strong enough and the battery life is good. I think its a perfect scooter if you don't make demanding cave dives. I will be using them for open water dives and i think they are perfect for that, if they proof to be durable ofcourse :D. Another plus is that they only weigh 16.5kg (36lbs) with battery.

Do you fell that you could safely get two 50 minute dives on a single charge at cruising speed?

Do you fell that you could safely get two 50 minute dives on a single charge at cruising speed?

I didn't try this yet, the specs say 150 minute's. The retailer told me 150 minute's is pretty accurate at cruise speed, but it will also depend on the diving gear used. I did 50 min on 100% today without problem. It doesn't have a gauge meter so i cant tell how much juice it has left. I'll keep you posted about battery life.

I did a 85 minute dive today, mostly on 45% but also on 100% for a short time. The led that the dpv is near empty didn't show yet. Also the battery was full pretty quick (4 hours out of the 6 hours for a full charge cycle). I'm going to try to scooter for 100 minute's next time if the water temperature allows. But i know for sure that 100 minute's isn't going to be a problem (with dry suit and doubles). I don't think it will come close to 150 minute's tho with this gear configuration.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom