SUDS: Ahoy me hearties!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeBsUDS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone on ScubaBoard who has supported Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba as well as those who will join us in the future. I'm a US Marine who was traumatically wounded a couple of years ago by an IED in Iraq. I've had the pleasure of diving this year with some of the world's greatest divers and dive boat captains. Diving is excellent therapy for the body and mind and I hope to inspire many more to join us.

SUDS Diving > Welcome to SUDS

Also, please take a moment to welcome one of our newest SB members Megzuwo an excellent volunteer. SUDS most recent dive trip to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba resulted in my AOW cert and was just a miraculous time. They GAVE US DIVE COMPUTERS, wet suits, compasses, air guages, and MICRONET shammy towels!!! Heck, one of our guys received a mask with a dive computer inside! Awesome piece of gear for anyone, but definitely someone missing an arm!

All of you inspire me! "It feels like Christmas!"
Thanks for the plaques!
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Last edited:
Congrats on diving.
Great to hear of someone using SUDS. Read about it in a mag but nice to personally hear about it. I'm a disabled vet myself and agree it is great therapy- wish I could do it more. My wife learned to dive with one arm, good to hear others won't let themselves be stopped from living life either.
Welcome Megzumo.
Hearing about diving in Guantanamo bay?! Never thought I'd hear those words in the same sentence.
Congrats again. Talk to you soon.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.

GTMO has some great diving sites. One that is not open to the general public was very similar to John Pendekamp down in Fl. Ever hear of a group called Eagle Divers? They're another group of wounded vet divers through the International Association of Handicapped Divers. I just learned about both of these groups in the last week.

welcome aboard

Yes, and diving in Guantanamo Bay falls just short of absolutely amazing. I can guarantee I've been spoiled by only knowing this area. Constant warm water, great vis, and always someone to dive with any second of the day, can't complain--thanks for the welcome!

A big OORAH for you!!! I am SOOO proud of you and your and your wife for not letting "things" getting in the way of your life's joy's!!! We could all be inspired by you when we sink into a "pity party" that don't amount to nothing compared to you.....again..OOORAH!!!

I had the honor of diving with some of the S.U.D.S. soldiers in November here in FL. They were getting their Advanced certification. You guys are truely amazing individuals. I just wanted to say thank you and keep diving. I posted a few photos from the dive on my photos of Lt. Josh and Lt. Tim, I beleive they both currently reside up north.

Congrats on your AOW Mike :cool2: Well done, Marine! :drunks:

I've got to look into this SUDS program to see if I could possibly help out at all. I got it book-marked now, so I'll read up on it. Sounds very cool, and being military myself, it really hits home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom