Sudafed - Illegal in Mexico!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why take it and risk everything because you want Sudafed?

Find something else, get a prescription or find a country that allows it. I would hate to have MY dive vacation interrupted because a police officer decided to interpret the law in a way that puts me in jail...especially a mexican prison.

Yeah, we're going to see problems with this all over, with meth labs being such a problem. However, I wouldn't want to avoid OTC meds that support safe diving. When I go to Coz in Nov, I guess I'll carry just enough - a weeks supply - antihistamine to get me through my Nitrox diving, then barely enough generic sudafed to control my allegies until I get back.

Prboably be safer to buy it there, if they have it, and I can be sure of what it is - if I can get to town without disrupting my diving. :confused: Nah, I'll risk it.

:bandit: DON

does anyone know of something over the counter that works as good as sudafed does and is safe to take while diving?

thanks,
steve

DivemasterSteve once bubbled...
does anyone know of something over the counter that works as good as sudafed does and is safe to take while diving?

thanks,
steve

Sounds like you can still take sudafed as long as it has something else in it like a pain reliever.

Oh yeah their are some controlled substances in Mexico-

Cocaine
Meth
Steroids

But they are all controlled by the drug cartels not the government.

The type of luggage search that I get in Mexico is equivilant to someone lifting a Christmas gift and shaking it to figure out what's inside. The security guards smile politely, ask "Scuba diving?" and say "O.K"

For fun you should walk into a "pharmacy" in Egypt. You can buy anything-ANYTHING OTC.

Wyno once bubbled...

Sounds like you can still take sudafed as long as it has something else in it like a pain reliever.

Sudefed with antihistimine would probably be safer int eh extreme example that started this thread. That's what I take (generic form) when I'm diving air or after diving is over for a trip. While diving nitrox, of course it's a no-no. :nono:

I think the big caution is to not get caught with more than a week's supply, that is not more than 28.

don

dandydon once bubbled...

Sudefed with antihistimine would probably be safer...
don

Not for me. I have a pretty extreme reaction to antihistimines; I just might curl up under a coral head and go to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom