Subsurface - Edit Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I put this in basic because I feel like this should be pretty basic. Trying to add (or edit) gear in Subsurface and I'm pulling my hair out. Trying to add HP100_Dbl or HP200 or something of that nature and I can't get the size to work correctly. I type in "200cuft" and it changes to "5663.4L". I've changed imperial to metric and back again, but I can't figure this out. After 45 minutes of reading the manual and trying and closing and opening and trying again I'm here to ask for mercy.

Please someone put me out of my misery, lol. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to "edit" gear that's already entered? I can't for the life of me find it and I feel like I should have figured this out by now.

Thanks!

After I read your post, I ran Subsurface, went into my last dive that had AL80 selected, I clicked on the Equipment tab, clicked on the drop down box in the Type column, picked HP100 and overwrote the 100 in the size box with 200 and it worked with no problem.

Edited to add- after reading the post below this one. I can overwrite any of the predefined cylinder types with anything I choose, and change the size with no problem.

Running Subsurface on Windows 10 Pro.

Tried it on the android mobile version, and I can't type anything. Only choose between the predefined cylinder types.

That's an interesting approach, I can always edit a field that I'll never use. I would think there would be something somewhere to edit / change / delete gear as needed.

Windows 7...

Nope. Editing a tank doesn't work. I changed 65HP to 200UP and that deleted all other fields. I then tried again by changing the 65HP size to 200cuft, that worked but once I tried changing 65HP to 200HP it deleted all other fields.

I'm sure it's me, but what the heck...

Nope. Editing a tank doesn't work. I changed 65HP to 200UP and that deleted all other fields. I then tried again by changing the 65HP size to 200cuft, that worked but once I tried changing 65HP to 200HP it deleted all other fields.

I'm sure it's me, but what the heck...
Could it be that only predefined cylinder sizes work?
They have an "undefined" field.
So I guess that would work, unless OP is after the auto calculated RMV function.
A quick manual calculation and I suppose it could be entered manually?

The problem is that when I enter it manually it converts to liters and not psi... no matter what I do I can't get it to cooperate. Also remoted in to my work PC on Window 10, same issue.

I would think there would be a editable page somewhere, maybe in the install folder?

Just checked, I can't find anything...

Can't help with your issue, but subsurface has user forums as well as a support group in Google. The devs respond there. Good luck.

User Forum | Subsurface

Thanks! IO knew there had to be a better place to ask. I've spent too much time already, I'll mess with this later.

I like Subsurface, I'm sure it's 100% me...

Upper right hand corner is a plus sign - works on all the fields. Click the Plus it will add a line add your tank...

Add Tank.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom