Subaru Outback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my 2005 Outback 2.5 XT. Lots of get up and go. Very nice interior and stability, rated 4 stars by the highway safety foundation. We traded in our 2002 Outback, though more expensive the turbo and the interior is awesome.

98' Subaru Outback 82k, I have had numerous problems with oil leaks on it. I've also had problems with the car not coming out of gear. I won't get into the details, but while under warranty I was given several 'explanations', the best one that I must have spilled something in there. Once it was out of warranty that explanation was no longer given, but 'parts' needed to be replaced. THEN I also had trouble with electronics on the car, the alternator was replaced under a recall, the replacement part was faulty. I've never been able to sit in the car with the radio on and the ignition off for more than 5 minutes (sometimes not even that) without the battery draining.

Last month EVERYTHING electronic quit working on it, then miraculously started again in about thirty minutes. If you jumped the car it would run, act normal, but try to drive, it would die.

Roll down the electric windows the driver's side window will "jump" a little bit about every thirty seconds.

Now having said all this, would I buy another one. Probably not, they don't make a convertible. :D It's had a lot of problems, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the car when it wasn't "being fixed".

It's FOR SALE, and sits in the driveway since my 18 year old son has ZERO desire to drive.........but THAT's another story!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom