Subaru Outback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JUMP IN

Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing a 2005 Subaru Outback.
I wanted to know if anyone owns an Outback, new or old,
and could give me their opinion on the vehicle.

Good car, bad car, happy, not happy, anything?

Thank you.

Bought new in 1999..."Test" drive after purchase from Columbus, OH to Orlando, FL and back.

Still on the road today with 115,000 miles. One major service at 90,000 miles which included the first tune up, first transmission service, etc.

On the third set of tires, change the oil every 4500 miles or so, and plan to drive it another 115,000 miles.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Good luck,

Chris

I had a friend who had one and really liked it.

You can save money though by not buying the Outback trim package and just buying the Legacy model.

Got a '99 Scubaru Outback. That is the name my husband gave the car. Whenever I wanted to go dive, I asked to borrow his car. It was a lot easier working with gear our of that car than the car with a trunk.
He travels farther that I do to work and uses country roads. The all-wheel drive saved him a few times this winter when everyone else was ending up in ditches due to ice and snow. Handles very well. The doors slam like a tin can, though. Have about 110,000 miles on it. Just put on the 3rd set of tires. New speedo. All I can remember done to it other than routine maintainance.
Would probably get another one in the future.

I also have a '99 Outback - no problems, good gas mileage, all wheel drive is great. It is my second Subaru, I previously had an 85 wagon that I drove to over 150,000 miles till some guy hit me and totaled it.

My wife drives a 2001 Outback VDC (6 cyl), great car, Great Scuba hauler.
I personally feel all the 4 cyl Subaru's are under powered, but then I have a 6 liter V8 in my Youkon & 1550 cc's in the Harley, I like power.

Great car. We really like ours a lot

How about a WRX Wagon :)

I'm thinking of getting the Outback 2.5 XT Limited.
I would rather get the 3.0 6cyl, but those Outbacks are only
available with taupe interior, I want black interior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom