Subaru Outback ( ~2019 2.5 vs 3.6)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6e65bd97f5d3f0b0a681ab26c5b17896.jpg

talk about being overweighted :D:D:D

I have never felt like the 2.5 lacked for power.
2.5 is 151 inches. I hate driving an underpowered car even tho I'm not a speedster. My 3.2/196 Impala has more than I expected but gets more than 30 mpg on the hiway. But then I drive slower than most.

2.5 is 151 inches. I hate driving an underpowered car even tho I'm not a speedster. My 3.2/196 Impala has more than I expected but gets more than 30 mpg on the hiway. But then I drive slower than most.
I've rented an Impala about 5 years ago and did not like it. Performance was fine, but the controls sucked. The gas pedal was further away from the break so rotating my right foot on the heel as usual was not enough and I had to bend my knee significantly to switch from gas to break pedals. Needless to say, adjusting the seat was never perfect. I was either too far from the gas pedal or too close to the break pedal. The steering wheel was too large and I had to stick my hand through it to reach for the headlights or wipers controls. The 4 sliding climate controls were too complicated to learn quickly in a rental car and I just did not touch them.

I like the simplicity of the Japanese designs. They will never hide the fuel door lock button under the door handle, like it's done in a Jeep.

I like the simplicity of the Japanese designs. They will never hide the fuel door lock button under the door handle, like it's done in a Jeep.

This Japanese design is missing something. Can you guess what it is?

Toyota Corolla Owners Manual: Opening the trunk from outside the vehicle

◆ Smart key system (if equipped)
◆ Wireless remote control (if equipped)
◆ Key (vehicles with a key cylinder on the trunk lid)

Amen to that. I also find the ergonomics of japanese vehicles to be well thought out and intuitive.

Contrast that to a Chevy rental I had - it's a small thing but it drove me CRAZY that the radio volume controls on the steering wheel were on the right side. If I was going to use my right hand, I could just use the control on the radio itself. The radio controls belong on the LEFT. Put cruise control on the right. Again, small thing, but it showcases the lack of thought and makes we wonder what else was glazed over / not even thought about.

I rented a 2.5 and 3.5 for two weeks each via Turo, the 2.5 I felt was fine inside the city but was silly under-powered when up in the mountains. Ended up buying a 3.5.

im not sure, I had the dealership do it so it would be covered by the extended warranty
Nice! It must be nice to have a dealer that doesn't suck. :rofl3:

I rented a 2.5 and 3.5 for two weeks each via Turo, the 2.5 I felt was fine inside the city but was silly under-powered when up in the mountains. Ended up buying a 3.5.

I bet the 2.5 would suck for that kind of driving.

What surprised me is that they didn’t put a turbo in these until recently (replaced the 3.6 engine options). To me...a turbo boxer (ex. WRX or WRX STI engine) with a six speed manual would make for a fun wagon. Ex. Old Volvo V70R.

Still enjoying the Outback. Finally got around to installing a hitch this week.

For those of you that tow with an Outback, did you need a drop, straight bar, or a rise? Will likely just use U-Haul trailers for now.

Sent that picture to my Dad. He was like “what happened?!?!”:rofl3:

FF3FD19E-71C2-41A2-BDAB-EA2A8B9CFCB4.jpeg

I like the low profile look. Draw-Tite 2”.

FDA209B5-87F4-4616-B4B4-EF16272091C9.jpeg

Liking the hitch flag.:coffee:

E11BE888-9474-46EA-915E-AADF354A7462.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom