Sub $100 Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

segundo3000gt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can anyone suggest a sub $100 light they've had good success with? I currently have an old C8 and I've found that it's pretty much useless unless ambient light is very low. I'm looking for an in between before making the jump to a canister light. Ideally this light would become by backup in the future.

My dive buddy purchased a Tilos Discovery III (DISCOVERY III FLASHLIGHT [LT06] :: Tilos, Inc) and though he said it couldn't rival his Dive Rite MR11 he was surprised at the light output for the size.

Ikelite PCa - Inexpensive, compact and very bright.

or perhaps the new OMS vega K2...looks nice, 180 lumens...I have the standard OMS Vega and although listed at 80 Lumens it looks brighter I have then Solus backup and its listed at 200 lumens, when I compare my Vega to the Solus they look about the same output wise, not sure why.

I got a Dorcy light back this fall and it's prob the brightest light I've got right now...

I think they've got a deal on them for $48 now.

It's a 180 lumen light... there is a thread about it here on Scubaboard and a more detailed and more up to date thread on ST forum.

Thanks for the help everyone. I don't know for sure which one I might go with but these seem to be some good choices.

You could also check out the UK rechargeable light and their Q40 LED Plus. The rechargeable comes with the battery and charger, and the Q40 takes standard AA batteries including NiMh.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom