【New Product】XTAR D26 1600S Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess it's hit or miss on these lights then.
The one that does work is an excellent light though . . . . .

Xtar, this is obviously a problem
How can you help us

Fwiw I own 7 Xtar lights. I have had to warranty out 2 proprietary batteries and it did take some back and forth but they stood behind it. Other than that my lights have been flawless (and one of them is a 1600S).

Depending where you are in the world the emails may have a delay, they'll email me at 2am my time and I'll email them back at ~ 6am and then wait for a response. But they've stood behind their products. I know some other people on the board have had a few issues, but I don't believe that's the norm.

In my case they want a video of the issue.
1C water waiting for the problem, have a camera ready, having fun yet!
Probably not worth the $100 to waste an hour diving in cold water to show the problem that has been described by others.
Can you imagine - camera battery dies cause I was taking video of cool stuff just when light starts to die - lol

In my case they want a video of the issue.
1C water waiting for the problem, have a camera ready, having fun yet!
Probably not worth the $100 to waste an hour diving in cold water to show the problem that has been described by others.
Can you imagine - camera battery dies cause I was taking video of cool stuff just when light starts to die - lol
Hi there, already gave this feedback to our engineers. When you open that D26 1600S on the shore, may I know if it had the similar problem before? Did the issue occur just when you dive in the cold water? Thanks for your kind reply!

Hi there, already gave this feedback to our engineers. When you open that D26 1600S on the shore, may I know if it had the similar problem before? Did the issue occur just when you dive in the cold water? Thanks for your kind reply!
In our case: at the shore, no problems pre-dive, then somewhere along the dive (time varies) the light dims but with the indicator still green. Back at the shore there are no problems anymore and it functions again. . . . . . repeat . . . . . tried multiple batteries, no avail.

edit:
I didn't have a chance to test it in warmer waters BTW, since there's a total lack of it around here ATM.

Only in cold water

Trying to contact XTAR on aliexpress to claim a warranty case, but they said "wait a week till we choose solution"... month ago.
Totally dissatisified.

Trying to contact XTAR on aliexpress to claim a warranty case, but they said "wait a week till we choose solution"... month ago.
Totally dissatisified.

I emailed them direct @ lori@xtar.cc and had a reply within 24 hours.

I will admit, because it's another entity out of the country I try to be as polite as possible. It always seems to work better with honey than vinegar. I'm not saying that's you, I'm just sharing what seems to always work for me.

tl;dr - I kiss butt and usually get what I need.

Dear all friends, thanks for your kind feedback on this D26 1600S light! Our engineers have made some tests on the D26 1600S. Above -7℃, the light works smoothly. Testing it below -10℃, the same issue may occur. It’s because the MCU manufacturer has built a low temperature protection mechanism into the chip. If you use the light in a low temperature water, it is suggested to use the special batteries that can be worked in low temperature conditions. Using the common batteries below -0°C, it will have a negative impact on on battery life and safety. And it’s also recommended that you could turn on the light before diving, so that the increase in internal temperature will offset the low external temperature to a certain extent. We will also consider to replace the the MCU without the low temperature protection mechanism on the light. If there is update, will share it.

Dear all friends, thanks for your kind feedback on this D26 1600S light! Our engineers have made some tests on the D26 1600S. Above -7℃, the light works smoothly. Testing it below -10℃, the same issue may occur. It’s because the MCU manufacturer has built a low temperature protection mechanism into the chip. If you use the light in a low temperature water, it is suggested to use the special batteries that can be worked in low temperature conditions. Using the common batteries below -0°C, it will have a negative impact on on battery life and safety. And it’s also recommended that you could turn on the light before diving, so that the increase in internal temperature will offset the low external temperature to a certain extent. We will also consider to replace the the MCU without the low temperature protection mechanism on the light. If there is update, will share it.

You guys do realize that diving in -7°C to -10°C water is impossible? . . . . . . . this behaviour occurs in 2-7°C water.
The weird thing is that I have two of them and only one exhibits the problems. Both will have the same MCU.
Could there be a difference in MCU batches (one more sensitive to low temperature's than the other)?

(I assume MCU is some abbreviation for the LED driver?)

Back
Top Bottom