【New Product】XTAR D26 1600S Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, me and my wife are still using this dive light and were quite happy with it.
I seem to have lost the blue rubber ring on the light head, can we
I just take them off immediately. they don't stay on when slipping the lights in and out of the harness straps. we've got 5 of the d26 2500, and I lost 1 of the blue bands on the first dive. Since then, I've removed them. I'd rather not leave them in the lake...

P.S.:
Id like to make a suggestion, a cable light version of the D26-1600s would be awesome. (or a cablelight conversionkit, ideally with the option of 2 batteries in the cannister for extended battery life
I'd love a canister version of the d26 2500. that would be a great light.

I'd love a canister version of the d26 2500. that would be a great light.
Do you use the long type D26 2500 or short type? For a canister version, we will give this feedback to engineers. ;-)

Dear all friends, thanks for your kind feedback on this D26 1600S light! Our engineers have made some tests on the D26 1600S. Above -7℃, the light works smoothly. Testing it below -10℃, the same issue may occur. It’s because the MCU manufacturer has built a low temperature protection mechanism into the chip. If you use the light in a low temperature water, it is suggested to use the special batteries that can be worked in low temperature conditions. Using the common batteries below -0°C, it will have a negative impact on on battery life and safety. And it’s also recommended that you could turn on the light before diving, so that the increase in internal temperature will offset the low external temperature to a certain extent. We will also consider to replace the the MCU without the low temperature protection mechanism on the light. If there is update, will share it.
Can anyone confirm that XTAR succesfully fiixed that nasty issue with cold water diving?

Can anyone confirm that XTAR succesfully fiixed that nasty issue with cold water diving?
I have no idea, all I know is we have 3 of them and none exhibit the faulty behavior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom