stupid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
According to the news this morning he called the sister something as well - three times.
The guy deserved it.

He is a pro Kim. He should just walk it off, especially in a game like that. He could do something about it later. Trash talk is common throughout all sport. You can't let it get to you, revenge can be had later...

Diver Dennis:
revenge can be had later...
If he would of scored in the shootout...that would of been good revenge, but he happened to take himself out of the game. Too bad...so sad....LOL

Diver Dennis:
Exactly Jeff. It was a good move by the other guy. Stick and stones...

remind me to trash talk to you Dennis in PG... :wink:

Wanna see if I can get you so riled up when you're taking macro pics that you head butt me with your housing...:eyebrow: j/k

Go for it! :wink: Seriously, the Germans were worried about the racial slurs coming from the crowd which seems to be common throughout the football world right now. At that level and in a match where the world is watching, you use anything to get an edge.

OK, I'll think of nasty Canadian slurs to write on my slate... :)

riguerin:
Wasn't it World Football League (WFL) :huh:
For the record, you're thinking about the World League of American Football (WLAF), which had two seasons (1991, 1992) in the US and Europe before going on a three-year hiatus and then being reborn as the World League, but with only European teams, most of which didn't survive very long. It was later rebranded NFL Europe, and it continues to the present, with the latest season seeing five teams in Germany and one in Amsterdam. (It is often jokingly called "NFL Deutschland".)

(Incidentally, only 24 days left until the Hall of Fame Game kicks off the preseason! I'd better finish watching the documentaries on my 300-hour TiVo to get ready, since it's hard to watch football while underwater, and a game is far too long to watch in one surface interval.)

ClayJar:
For the record, you're thinking about the World League of American Football (WLAF), which had two seasons (1991, 1992) in the US and Europe before going on a three-year hiatus and then being reborn as the World League, but with only European teams, most of which didn't survive very long. It was later rebranded NFL Europe, and it continues to the present, with the latest season seeing five teams in Germany and one in Amsterdam. (It is often jokingly called "NFL Deutschland".)

(Incidentally, only 24 days left until the Hall of Fame Game kicks off the preseason! I'd better finish watching the documentaries on my 300-hour TiVo to get ready, since it's hard to watch football while underwater, and a game is far too long to watch in one surface interval.)

Nope ! I was referring to the defunct World Football League or WFL (1974-1975). The WFL unsuccessfully tried to compete with the NFL in the mid 1970s, finally folding to enormous debt before the end of their second season. They had actually signed some pretty big NFL names as well as the incumbent Heisman trophy winner, Hershel Walker. Now they're nothing more that a passing reference in the annals of football history.

GO SUNS!!!! :D

WFL_Sun.gif

I don't know...you guys are so original you can't even think of your own name for your own sport!!! Football is what we play in Europe, S.America, Africa, Asia etc. Please....call whatever it is you do something else......you play football with your FEET people.....not your hands!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom