Stupid question -- do SP jets come in a size smaller than Med?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is depending on the wet boot thickness and bottom sole.

I am wearing Large size for size 9 5mm gold core boot. You are in the warm water...
So, you can't compare only the size.....

Spoon:
i have the size 10 wetsuit bootie and use the mediums. the xls were to big and loose along the sides.

Spoon:
i have the size 10 wetsuit bootie and use the mediums. the xls were to big and loose along the sides.

"Wow" I have a pair of XL Jets and they are too tight with my size 12 3mil boots - soft soled, thinest pair I could find.

Glad they work for you though. - I wish I could fit into the XL's as they would pack up so much smaller than the XXL's (About half the height)

---

Did anyone notice this months Dive Training magazine? They have a picture of a child on the cover wearing blue Jet fins size Medium... I wonder if that's one of the old run of Jets when they did color or if they are going to run a new batch of them again :wink:

I've attached 2 pictures of a Medium Jet fin with a size 5 tilos 3mil soft sole boot in it. It's actually a "bit" tight.

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
Did anyone notice this months Dive Training magazine? They have a picture of a child on the cover wearing blue Jet fins size Medium... I wonder if that's one of the old run of Jets when they did color or if they are going to run a new batch of them again :wink:

I've attached 2 pictures of a Medium Jet fin with a size 5 tilos 3mil soft sole boot in it. It's actually a "bit" tight.

Aloha, Tim

Hey! I looked at the pics and noticed the Scubapro logo has a thunderbolt going through it. Whatta - mine doesn't?? Is that era-related issue or what do I have? I have no local chances to check out sizing for Jets either, and now my buddy wants them too. The boot you stuffed into the fin in your pic looks nearly like my 7mm Deep See size 6.

Couldn't Scubaboard put enough pressure on Scubapro to come out with at least the yellow ones dadgummit!!

piikki

P.S. My cats fit into the medium well too - little bro mouth first - since they have this strange fascination about scuba gear (and all things rubber, talk about hiding wetsuits)....

If I remember correctly, SP started putting the lightning bolt on in the 80's when they changed the rubber compound slightly to make the fins a little lighter.

-Austin

piikki:
so I’d like to know is there any reasonable JetFin copycat that comes in COLOR, like BRIGHT color?? (Well, not just pink though).

Scubapro Jetfins are/were available in many colours in Japan—I saw a pair of pale blue ones last year but they seemed to be made from a softer rubber compound than the standard black Jet Fins.

piikki:
Hey! I looked at the pics and noticed the Scubapro logo has a thunderbolt going through it. Whatta - mine doesn't?? Is that era-related issue or what do I have? I have no local chances to check out sizing for Jets either, and now my buddy wants them too. The boot you stuffed into the fin in your pic looks nearly like my 7mm Deep See size 6.

Couldn't Scubaboard put enough pressure on Scubapro to come out with at least the yellow ones dadgummit!!

piikki

P.S. My cats fit into the medium well too - little bro mouth first - since they have this strange fascination about scuba gear (and all things rubber, talk about hiding wetsuits)....

As Camshaft pointed out, looks like you've got some "vintage" Jets ... probably worth more :wink:

Any chance you can post a picture of one of your cats in the fin? I'll add it to my website for a touch of comedy relief :D

Aloha, Tim

Vie:
Scubapro Jetfins are/were available in many colours in Japan—I saw a pair of pale blue ones last year but they seemed to be made from a softer rubber compound than the standard black Jet Fins.

If someone started offering to sell them on Ebay (or even here on SB) they'd probably do quite well as so many seem to be looking for different colored Jet fins.

Any takers?

Tim

You're right. But, the biggest problem is price difference between Japan and U.S. The MSRP in Japan is much higher than the price in U.S. I am not sure what the real market value is though. The shipping will be another factor, around $27……

kidspot:
If someone started offering to sell them on Ebay (or even here on SB) they'd probably do quite well as so many seem to be looking for different colored Jet fins.

Any takers?

Tim

kidspot:
"Wow" I have a pair of XL Jets and they are too tight with my size 12 3mil boots - soft soled, thinest pair I could find.

would the propulsion distance per kick cycle be the same with the large and xl?

correction i use the large! my gf uses the med

hoosier:
It is depending on the wet boot thickness and bottom sole.

I am wearing Large size for size 9 5mm gold core boot. You are in the warm water...
So, you can't compare only the size.....

correction i use the large! my gf uses the med

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom