Jet Fin sizing: are colored fins smaller than black?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Large black Jet Fins fit me just fine in my local dive shop. The shop did not have colored Jet Fins, so I ordered online from Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento.

Wearing the exact same booties, the colored fins are too small. The black ones fit well. The heel strap is just too short for me. The foot pocket might be a little smaller too, but I can't exactly tell. Definitely the heel strap is too short though. Both the black and colored fins have the spring heel strap.

Am I crazy? How could this be?

If the black ones are older made in USA ones they may have a slightly bigger pocket, my old 2x are slightly bigger than my camo or red 2x.

In North America size M tends to be XS/S, L tends to be M, XL tends to be L, and XXL usually works well for drysuits. When I ran a shop I usually carried and sold XL, a couple of L for those not using a drysuit.

On another note I always made people try on fins, regardless of brand and type, before they could buy them.

I've had the XXL in black, after a very rough exit on a dive i lost one fin so i bought a camo blue pair also in XXL and they are exactly the same in size and weight

Confirming that the old made-in-USA fins did have a bigger foot pocket and the newest new colorful Taiwan fins do have a smaller foot pocket. Small difference though. I can post measurements in a few days if nobody else does sooner.

The old ones also feel stiffer and heavier than the new ones. Anyone know the weight difference?

Large black Jet Fins fit me just fine in my local dive shop. The shop did not have colored Jet Fins, so I ordered online from Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento.

Wearing the exact same booties, the colored fins are too small. The black ones fit well. The heel strap is just too short for me. The foot pocket might be a little smaller too, but I can't exactly tell. Definitely the heel strap is too short though. Both the black and colored fins have the spring heel strap.

Am I crazy? How could this be?

That's what you get for using your LDS' time and efforts and then you order online. You could have asked your LDS to order what you wanted not use them to order from somebody else.

That's what you get for using your LDS' time and efforts and then you order online. You could have asked your LDS to order what you wanted not use them to order from somebody else.

Scubapro won't have them in stock for months, and I need them this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom