Stupid Question Alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ears, and how they respond to depth changes, are VERY individual. A friend of mine can hover within about a 6 inch window in a pool, using only his ears (blackout mask).

Me? I can't tell more accurately than about 3 feet unless its at a fast rate. And that's on a good day.

I'll have to take your word on that.

listen to the newbie !

lol

yea when you are brand brand new in within the first 5 to 10 dives or less there is a fizzle. Some may never experience that. The quick fix if you get that? stop at five feet deep and this is a highly technical manuever...you need to go super duper slow..... and stop at about a foot below surface.

itll get rid of the newbie brain fizzle

Ears, and how they respond to depth changes, are VERY individual. A friend of mine can hover within about a 6 inch window in a pool, using only his ears (blackout mask).

Me? I can't tell more accurately than about 3 feet unless its at a fast rate. And that's on a good day.

im refering to a newbie issue with water. Its never talked about but after your first ten dives or so you will never experience it again.

im refering to a newbie issue with water. Its never talked about but after your first ten dives or so you will never experience it again.
Don't know about that, I still get it every time after 25 dives, even with very gentle ascent rates. But I have teensy eustachian tubes, bad enough that I've had trouble descending on two different airplane trips.

looking back at original post, should they really have been at 35m on nitrox 32?

I just crossed the double digit threshold for number of dives and had no idea about this brain fizzle until I read it here. I haven't experienced anything like that, even though I do feel the change in pressure in my ears from 2 feet to 4.

should they really have been at 35m on nitrox 32?
2 metres over the MOD is not going to matter, a max pp02 of 1.4 is quite conservative.
MOD for 32% is 36m with a max pp02 of 1.5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom