Stupid ebay bidding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An item ALWAYS sells for what it "should" sell for. The price any particular item should sell for is that agreed upon by a willing buyer and seller.

Whether that price is higher or lower than what a different buyer/seller pair would agree upon is an entirely different issue.

Thats right, an item is worth only what one is willing to pay for it, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, so long as the buyer and seller are happy! :)

I just picked one up around christmas off ebay,mk 10 I think and a 109 for 40 dollars,I kept waiting for you guys to start bidding but I think you missed that one:D,we probably need to start pming each other when we are bidding to save butting heads with each other.

I just picked one up around christmas off ebay,mk 10 I think and a 109 for 40 dollars,I kept waiting for you guys to start bidding but I think you missed that one:D,we probably need to start pming each other when we are bidding to save butting heads with each other.

There is a small group of us doing that on some items of common interest.

My G250 came with the Mk10, I bought it brand new back in 1989 when I first got certified, it is still going strong 20 years later :) so if its properly taken care of you will definetly get your moneys worth out of it.

There was a bidding war between two newbies. One buyer had zero feed back, and another not much more. It's easy to find deals on ebay, this just was not one of them! :D Considering that the buyer will likely spend close to $100 to have it serviced, it would have been wise to purchase new.

As for the materials used in old regulators, these are regulators, not tanks. I don't want a metal second. It is heavy, and subject to corrosion! Obviously someone convinced these bidders otherwise! :blinking:

Ah yes, those lead mine, rusty old regs.....get rid of them all right now. They'll pull your teeth out because they're so heavy....but not before turning them red (or green) from all the rust inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom