Stupid ebay bidding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

This is as good of a demonstration of how not to bid on ebay as I have seen in a long time: eBay.com Item Bid History It is a pretty good looking Scubapro Mk5/Adj but, at $132, it is about double the price it should be going for.

$60 for both the second stage and the guages? I would have thought they would be worth more....thankfully I am not bidding...errr I mean overpaying :D. If the price is double, then the seller is one lucky bugger.

Shhhh we have some "stuff" for sale on ebay lol

Momma always says stupid is as stupid does. And looks like stupid is buying themselves an antique at a premium for a coffee table piece.

:dork2:

Momma always says stupid is as stupid does. And looks like stupid is buying themselves an antique at a premium for a coffee table piece.

:dork2:

That old reg is still quite usable with service parts readily available and performance is very good. But the price is now up to $185 with over an hour to go. $25 would be a great buy. $50 is a bit high but reasonable.

I have one just like it, a late model with the heavy yoke. It is the newest regulator I own. Considering you pretty much can't buy a metal second at any price and at the price they are asking for the plastic trash seconds I wouldn't consider it that bad a price.

The top bidders have almost no prior transactions. Can't say for sure but doesn't look legit.

I picked up a Dive Rite 2nd stage for $26 last week, gotta like Auction Sniper!

I don't think I'd sell my best MK5/balanced adjustable for less than $200, but no way would I pay that much for one. Hmmm... I guess that makes me pretty cheap. I'm still looking for another 109 but the prices lately have been really high. What's the matter with you people? Don't you know that these old regs are dangerous? Go to your LDS and buy a nice new atomic. Isn't your life worth it? Leave those risky ebay regs alone!

This is as good of a demonstration of how not to bid on ebay as I have seen in a long time: eBay.com Item Bid History It is a pretty good looking Scubapro Mk5/Adj but, at $132, it is about double the price it should be going for.

It's worth exactly the high bid, not a penny more or less.

It might not be worth it to you, but it's worth it to someone.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom