Stuff to do in Cozumel for a non-diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmo6s

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Guys,
I'm thinking of going to Cozumel over spring break with 2 of my buddies. I'm an OWSI and one of my other friends is a good diver (we dive cold water, so he can handle nearly anything in Cozumel). The third one of us, however, will not dive - no matter what (weak swimmer, I think he's a little afraid of the water). How much is there for him to do on or around the island? All 3 of us being 18, we will be going to Cancun a few times, but I want to make sure that he won't be bored out of his skull while we dive. He's very athletic - will play golf, tennis, etc. Is there much of a town? Will there be any other 18 year olds on the island? Any ideas of somewhere else to go with good diving that meets these requirements if Cozumel does not?

Thanks in Advance!
Alex

Take the ferry over to Playa de Carmen and DRINK !

What time do the morning 2 tank boats come back? Maybe he can just play tennis/golf while we dive the morning?

There is nice golf course on Cozumel but I think it is pretty spendy. Chaakanaab park would be a nice way to spend a day. If you are looking for spring break type of people Playa and Cancun would be better.

Gaffer

Hey Guys,
I'm thinking of going to Cozumel over spring break with 2 of my buddies. I'm an OWSI and one of my other friends is a good diver (we dive cold water, so he can handle nearly anything in Cozumel). The third one of us, however, will not dive - no matter what (weak swimmer, I think he's a little afraid of the water). How much is there for him to do on or around the island? All 3 of us being 18, we will be going to Cancun a few times, but I want to make sure that he won't be bored out of his skull while we dive. He's very athletic - will play golf, tennis, etc. Is there much of a town? Will there be any other 18 year olds on the island? Any ideas of somewhere else to go with good diving that meets these requirements if Cozumel does not?

Thanks in Advance!
Alex

Cozumel is a diving island....there is a town San Miguel but it is pretty quiet and laid back except for when the cruise ships are in yikes....then it is Carlos and Charlies...Senor Frogs I think you get the picture.......there is a golf course on the island Do you like to play golf in Cozumel? Cozumel Country Club

There are many beach parks where crowds of all ages hang out. There are also mayan ruins which are cool to explore. You can rent a scooter or vw really cheap and go around the island. Hopping the fairy to playa is cheap and fun.

I would NOT recommend renting a scooter in Cozumel...too many people have been injured on these things....see sticky at top uneder Cozumel Faq's...rent a jeep instead:D

ESPECIALLY if he's going to follow the other folks' advice to drink, er, I mean DRINK.

A word about that. I used to drink pretty heavily on my Cozumel trips until it hit me like a slap up the side of my head that I was spending a goodly portion of my precious (read: expensive) vacation time pretty much oblivious to where I was and much of the rest of it hung over. I don't do that any more. I still may have a few beers over the course of a day, but I've backed way off from the getting hammered thing.

ESPECIALLY if he's going to follow the other folks' advice to drink, er, I mean DRINK.

A word about that. I used to drink pretty heavily on my Cozumel trips until it hit me like a slap up the side of my head that I was spending a goodly portion of my precious (read: expensive) vacation time pretty much oblivious to where I was and much of the rest of it hung over. I don't do that any more. I still may have a few beers over the course of a day, but I've backed way off from the getting hammered thing.

yeah but Gordon....to us old folks time is more precious ;-)....when we were 18 we wasted plenty of time wasted:D

I wondered where you have been....haven't seen you here lately:D

Back
Top Bottom