Strobe problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me? Help? Optically challenged following optically challenged? Eh, try to talk things out and share from what I do think I know. Glad to offer input as I may.

You have given me many good tips and suggestions. "Optically challenged", you?, I'm not sure about that, none of your suggestions have gotten me into more trouble than I was in before.:D
When you are as rank a beginner as I am all honest answers are a step in the right direction, Don. Over the last few months I have returned several times to previous conversations you and I , and ScubaSteve have had on these threads, to pick up things that I didn't begin to understand when you first said them.

Thanks to gypsum and Don for all of your suggestions. When I saw that they replaced your strobe, I sent both of mine back to SeaLife and they sent me two new DC PRo stobes. I have not utilized them in the water yet but on the surface they fire accurately and very quickly. My strobes were a few years old and I never thought they'd replace them. I am really impressed with SeaLIfe and looking foward to taking lots of pictures this summer. Thanks again!!! Wreckgirl

Great! I thot about you as I packed for practice dives in New Mexico this weekend. I'll be going again in a month tho, so let me know...?

Sealife is great about helping customers...!!

Thanks to gypsum and Don for all of your suggestions. When I saw that they replaced your strobe, I sent both of mine back to SeaLife and they sent me two new DC PRo stobes. I have not utilized them in the water yet but on the surface they fire accurately and very quickly. My strobes were a few years old and I never thought they'd replace them. I am really impressed with SeaLIfe and looking foward to taking lots of pictures this summer. Thanks again!!! Wreckgirl

I am really glad to see that you got results! My strobe was at least 5 years old, so I too was quite surprised that Sealife replaced it, but then I have had it back before trying to resolve the same issues.

I've only had the chance to do one dive with the camera since the strobe was replaced, but everything seemed to work great!

Good luck! Don was the one that got me to re contact Sealife, instead of remaining angry, and as he suggested they did go the extra mile to get me straightened out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom