Stretchy neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rongoodman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm tired of struggling with my old suit and am considering one of the new stretchy ones for warm water trips. Any feedback as to 5mm Pinnacle Elastoprene vs. Henderson H2, or something else entirely? Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by warm water, but I dive Turks and Cozumel with great regularity. I've been more that comfortabkle in my 0.5MM Henderson Microprene. I usually dive 2 per day and always stay 10 days so that is a series of 18 dives per trip. I never feel cold, others are different. Up here in New England I always wear my DUI dry suit. You'll find that whatever material you decide on as you get thicker the material is usually less stretchy.

My experience on liveaboards in the Caribbean with 5 dives a day is that by the end of the week I'm cold in 3mm and have never been too warm in 5mm. I have seriously considered the DUI 30/30 tropical drysuit, but I'm only down there a couple of times a year. In the short term, though, I'm just looking for feedback on the new stretchy neoprenes.

I would also look at the Bare Velocity. it uses a nice mix if high stretch and full body neoprene for the best of both worlds. my 5/4 kept me comfy for over 2 hours in a Maine lake today.

Pete

I'm tired of struggling with my old suit and am considering one of the new stretchy ones for warm water trips. Any feedback as to 5mm Pinnacle Elastoprene vs. Henderson H2, or something else entirely? Thanks.

I have the Pinnacle elastoprine 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm, and wife has a 3mm. That should pretty well indicate my opinion. I have not tried the Henderson but have seen them on others. I have obviously been pleased with the merino-lined Pinnacles.

I'd have to agree with spectrum, the Bare Velocity is a real nice suit. It fits comfortable and wears well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom