Strange Cozumel Question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you recommend
We went to Cancun 16 years ago and seen the ruins
Thanks
The ruins on Cozumel pale in comparison to those on the Yucatan. I believe he was talking about the beach clubs over on the "wild side". Mescalito's, Senor Iguana's, Punta Morena, Coconuts, Chen Rio, Playa Bonita (slowly collapsing into the sea, see it while you can), what used to be Andele, El Mirador (not a beach club but rock formations), Rasta's, and the Paradise Cafe (aka Bob's Marley Bar). Did I miss any?

Rasta's is more like a local place. Coconuts should be visited just for the signs hanging around :)

20180719_155338_HDR.jpg 20180719_155516_HDR.jpg 20180719_155532(1).jpg 20180719_155629.jpg 20180719_155730.jpg

Did I miss any?

My fave not to be missed restaurants: ( Have I mentioned how much I hate AI food?)

1. Ernestos Fajita factory (near Casa del Mar/intl Pier) – been eating there since 1990
2. Las Palmeras (downtown) – sane thing – awesome grub
3. Mezcalitos on the east side @ the end of the transversal road – Grilled grouper and rock margaritas are amazing
4. Coconuts on the east side is fun, great view, but was less than impressed with food/drink the last few times. But I do love the atmosphere.
5. Other east side locales I have had fun at…
a. Great: Albertos, Mr. Sanchos, Money Bar
b. Decent: Playa Mia, Freedom in Paradise/Rastas (many love it, great view), Sky Reef (south end), Chen Rio,
c. Not impressed: No Name Bar @ Barracuda hotel, Playa Bonita, Wet Wendys (downtown), Punta Morena,
6. Casa Del Mar restaurant: Believe it or not, the restaurant is awesome – grilled shrimp and grouper are great and a 2for1 happy house from 5-6 are not to be missed, Santos is a great bar tender
7. La Mission (downtown): They have awesome food and live mariachis from 7-8 PM (you might want to validate those times)
8. Guidos (downtown): is awesome for Italian, as is Rolandis
9. Pepe’s Bar and Grill: I used to love this place, but last few times I was not impressed.
10. La Choza (downtown) – awesome awesome food and service
11. El Bungalo: Great place to stop on your last day on your way to the airport

My fave not to be missed restaurants: ( Have I mentioned how much I hate AI food?)

1. Ernestos Fajita factory (near Casa del Mar/intl Pier) – been eating there since 1990
2. Las Palmeras (downtown) – sane thing – awesome grub
3. Mezcalitos on the east side @ the end of the transversal road – Grilled grouper and rock margaritas are amazing
4. Coconuts on the east side is fun, great view, but was less than impressed with food/drink the last few times. But I do love the atmosphere.
5. Other east side locales I have had fun at…
a. Great: Albertos, Mr. Sanchos, Money Bar
b. Decent: Playa Mia, Freedom in Paradise/Rastas (many love it, great view), Sky Reef (south end), Chen Rio,
c. Not impressed: No Name Bar @ Barracuda hotel, Playa Bonita, Wet Wendys (downtown), Punta Morena,
6. Casa Del Mar restaurant: Believe it or not, the restaurant is awesome – grilled shrimp and grouper are great and a 2for1 happy house from 5-6 are not to be missed, Santos is a great bar tender
7. La Mission (downtown): They have awesome food and live mariachis from 7-8 PM (you might want to validate those times)
8. Guidos (downtown): is awesome for Italian, as is Rolandis
9. Pepe’s Bar and Grill: I used to love this place, but last few times I was not impressed.
10. La Choza (downtown) – awesome awesome food and service
11. El Bungalo: Great place to stop on your last day on your way to the airport
When I asked "did I miss any" I was speaking about the east side. Most of the establishments you named are on the west side. In your #5, for instance, more than half those places are on the west side. And FWIW, Punta Morena is one of my faves anywhere on the island; DSFDF.

Last edited:
+1 on Punta Morena

Gordon, you missed the little shack north of "Rastas".
Great hand made fresh fruit drinks.

I think it is called the liquor box.

Back
Top Bottom