Store your equipment in your vehicle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adds a whole new dimension to the screen test huh?

A while back I had an AH go berserk and try to kick out the glass in the back one night. So I stop to pull his sorry posterior out to hog tie him.

As soon as I opened the back door he kicked at me then started screaming for me to quit hitting him. :confused: I hadn’t laid a finger on him but he sure got cooperative real fast.

Then all the way to the jail he’s asking me not to hit him again. I’m still wondering what he’s up to. At the jail he asks the jailers to not let me hit him again.

It turns out that when he tried to kick me he put all he had into it and when he pushed back he hit his head on my primary tank. Being the drunk AH that he was he thought I had hit him. I’m not telling him any different. :D

Gary D.

I do not store my gear in my patrol vehicle ('08 Crown Vic), being Sheriff's Office Dive Team we are not 'rescue'...our primary responsibility is recovery...our local FD has the rescue tasking...we assist when we can...although I do transport my dive gear in my patrol car, I do not store it there...for a major call out we transport our stuff in our trailer or other vehicles...

I am just trying to find some ideas for using the bed of my pick up truck easier to carry all my equipment. I have seen some very nice DYI pickup trucks at different diving locations however intill the past few weeks I have not had a pickup to even think about. Now I can't find any ideas anywhere that are not pre fabed and cost way to much for me to spend. I guess what I am looking for is plans and photos so I can build my own.

I do not store my gear in my patrol vehicle ('08 Crown Vic), being Sheriff's Office Dive Team we are not 'rescue'QUOTE]

We are the whole thing, Rescue/Recovery as we can get to 99% of the county a lot faster than Fire/Med can. There have been times where we are almost done with the dive when they arrive. Those trucks can only go so fast and the rougher the roads the slower they go. My CV is a 03 with 90K on it and it still drives like a new one. Very pleased with it.

Gary D.

I do the same thing as KsDiver, except I use a Pelican case with air-tight lid since I also end up bouncing around on dirt roads and want to keep the dust out. I just have a piece of webbing tied to the handle of the Pelican case with my tank, BC, exposure suit, and mask inside. I pull it out onto the lowered tailgate and suit up from there.

The slide-out bed looks cool too though.

be safe,

Randy

Here the FD guys are very close and maintain a boat on the water , I have 180 square miles of patrol area in my part of the county, the closest I ever get to the water is about 14 miles...have done three rescues in 7 years but was in a boat at the time...like I said, my job is law enforcement and recovery, it is unrealistic for us to be expected to respond in any timely manner even though we keep a boat on the water almost year round...

Since our team is volunteer, we dont pack dive gear into patrol cars.... and since im a farmer, it would trash my gear to ride in the back of the pickup all the time. but if you are looking for a roll out system like on the Pictures... We have a guy working for us that welded bearings on the bottom of his tool box, then welded channel iron to the bed of his truck. the bearings that act as wheels roll out in the channel iron tracks clear out onto his tail gate so he can reach all his tools. I dont see why something like that wouldnt work to roll out a rack with dive gear on it??? maybe this isnt what your asking but if your interested, get me your email, and I can send you measurments, part numbers of which bearings... even pix.
Just tryin to help.
Clay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom