http://www.diveheart.org/

Stop whaling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the post i posted directly related to kinski post about the whaling , yes a couple were bit of tangent but not all..

where is El ORans..... his sig applies here..... "...especially in moderation..."

paolov:
the post i posted directly related to kinski post about the whaling , yes a couple were bit of tangent but not all..

where is El ORans..... his sig applies here..... "...especially in moderation..."

Your posts were a clear attempt to re-inflame this thread. You may complain about moderation if you wish - you know who to address such complaints to.

Kim:
Your posts were a clear attempt to re-inflame this thread. You may complain about moderation if you wish - you know who to address such complaints to.

re-flame? i doused it even. if you ever bothered to read the post.

.oh and delete this as well as it is off topic, just a response...

complaint eh.... nah i won't complain to the higher ups ... it's not worth it.

Kinski:
no intentions on my part to wax political, although paolov would probably argue (or already did) the topic was already political to begin with.
~kinski

what are you talking about , that i would argue ?

i don't see any post of mine that elicits such a response from you? as a matter of fact i don't see any post of mine that replied to your post.

Kinski, how did you draw that conclusion on my comment on Whaling petition?

Kinski:
no intentions on my part to wax political, although paolov would probably argue (or already did) the topic was already political to begin with

As divers (and thus not a majority of the population), I'd argue that by discussing this very emotive issue we would be acting in a "politcal" manner according to definitions 5 & 6 below.

po·lit·i·cal (pə-lĭt'ĭ-kəl)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or dealing with the structure or affairs of government, politics, or the state.
2. Relating to, involving, or characteristic of politics or politicians: “Calling a meeting is a political act in itself” (Daniel Goleman).
3. Relating to or involving acts regarded as damaging to a government or state: political crimes.
4. Interested or active in politics: I'm not a very political person.
5. Having or influenced by partisan interests: The court should never become a political institution.
6. Based on or motivated by partisan or self-serving objectives: a purely political decision.

I'll sign the petition though. :D

Thanks, Kinski, for this post. I just signed the petition.

If you want to see whales, take a trip on the Nai'a in Tonga. You can spend the whole 10 days swimming with the whales. It is amazing!

Patti

Of course we all like to see wild life, but most whales are no longer endangered, as they were when the harvesting prohibitions came into effect decades ago. Some cultures treasure whale meat as much as others crave land based bovines.

It seems to me the planet would be better served by channelling
this concerm over mammals to the greater danger of over fishing and its causes that are a more direct threat to the planet and the sport of diving.

"Originally Posted by H2Andy
"enforce it properly. it's your job.

And speaking of jobs, what does posting on an unrelated board all day long during regular business hours, for years, say about the demands of work or devotion to work, peers or or clients?

DivePartner1:
Of course we all like to see wild life, but most whales are no longer endangered

not correct ... most whales are still endangered. the only one of hunting significance
that is not endangered is the minke, i believe. there may be one or two others.

And speaking of jobs, what on does posting on an unrelated board all day long during regular business hours, for years, say about the demands of work or devotion to work, peers or or clients?

man ... i was actually going to explain my schedule and posting practices, but hey,
it's none of your business ... not to mention totally irrelevant?

Signed the petition. But seriously, we should start a petition to cut over-fishing of the oceans. But I think it is more difficult given that fishes are not as high on the political agenda as whales. What do you guys think?

http://www.american.edu/TED/shark.htm

100-200mil sharks a year are captured and killed!

http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/OCEAN_P...erfishing.html

Whales are the most visible, but not necessarily the most important. Not enough attention has been spent on fish stock management.

Wolverine:
Signed the petition. But seriously, we should start a petition to cut over-fishing of the oceans. But I think it is more difficult given that fishes are not as high on the political agenda as whales. What do you guys think?

http://www.american.edu/TED/shark.htm

100-200mil sharks a year are captured and killed!

http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/OCEAN_P...erfishing.html

Whales are the most visible, but not necessarily the most important. Not enough attention has been spent on fish stock management.

Amen, Mr. Wolverine. Save the sharks - especially hammerheads. Whales pffttt, cockroaches of the oceans. Get the raid out I say.

(not all of the above is serious, BTW)

DivePartner1:
And speaking of jobs, what does posting on an unrelated board all day long during regular business hours, for years, say about the demands of work or devotion to work, peers or or clients?

Seeing as this does not seem to be addressed specifically to H2Andy, I think I speak for many when I ask the following pertinent question...

"Other than coming across as an arrogant, hypocritical and sanctimonious twerp, who the hell are you?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom