http://www.diveheart.org/

Stop whaling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kinski

Registered
Reaction score
www.whalesrevenge.com is trying to get a million people to sign a petition to stop whaling. Please check out their website and support this cause. And don't forget to sign the petition. Let us help save those poor whales!

thanks

I think I've already signed this one, but I did it again - just to be sure.

Thanks for bringing this up. It is an ongoing problem that needs to be addressed on a constant basis.

Just signed it Thanks

"We're at an impasse, but we're killing more whales," Hogarth said, referring to Japan, Norway and Iceland. "We're not really protecting whales in the IWC, which we should be."

nice photo.

This just isn't going to fly.....

You can argue Bambi, politics, money....it just won't fly.

So, I have a Mod question. Can we say Boycott whaling? or not?

catherine96821:
So, I have a Mod question. Can we say Boycott whaling? or not?
It depends what you mean. 'Boycott whaling' means don't do it. There's nothing wrong with that, people don't have to whale if they don't want to. That's like saying 'Boycott global warming'.
If on the other hand you mean 'Boycott people who whale' - no you can't.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

As far as I am concerned, this thread focuses on a political issue.

As such, politics (and religion and other hot button topics) are forbidden on ScubaBoard by the authority of the TOS.

If you wish to discuss diving here, fine. If you wish to discuss issues of a non-political nature here, fine. If you wish to advocate for your favorite environmental cause, be it stopping the killing of baby seals, stopping whaling, or stopping tree-cutting in old growth forests, recognize that you are treading on a fine line.

It isn't that these issues are not worthy of politically-oriented debate. They very well may be.

But the point is that they are not going to be politically-debated on ScubaBoard.

There are many such sites advocating on behalf of numerous environmental causes, and those who feel strongly about such causes are cordially encouraged to go to these other sites to discuss them.

So long as this thread remains civil there is a good chance that it may remain active.

As soon as it gets nasty, this thread will vanish.

Specifically to Kinski:

Welcome to ScubaBoard. You have 12 posts, and are clearly a new member. I encourage you to read the TOS for this board, a link to which may be found at the very bottom of this page, third button from the left side.

Dive safe,

Doc

The best way to stop whaling is to take away the reason for them to do it. They do it because some people like to eat it. So then you educate the people who eat it, they stop eating it, the whalers stop selling it and then its not worth them catching whales. Telling the Japanese to stop whaling is like tell the the USA to stop making nuclear weapons

Doc Intrepid:
As such, politics (and religion and other hot button topics) are forbidden on ScubaBoard by the authority of the TOS.

i am curious... where does the TOS prohibit religion?

Doc Intrepid:
If you wish to advocate for your favorite environmental cause, be it stopping the killing of baby seals, stopping whaling, or stopping tree-cutting in old growth forests, recognize that you are treading on a fine line.

so why was this forum (Good Causes, Petitions, and Soliciations) created if not to discuss these things so long as the discussion does not become political?

i'm sorry, but i don't think you understand the role of this forum or the TOS
(which does not prohibit religious discussion; please read it)

i mean this in the best way possible, but those charged with enforcing TOS
should at least know what the TOS says...

don't mean to pick on you personally

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom