STOKED... just got my new ATOMIC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe,

While I must admit to being a youngun while Fibber McGee was still on the air, I wasn't really old enough to pay attention:) But, who hasn't heard of Fibber McGee and Molly, that's just basic American POP Culture.

Oh, and don't forget Gale Gordon was also a convincing tightwad banker type as Mr. Mooney in the Lucy Show. :wink:

Thanks for the memories! This is a scuba board and not a nostalgia board and, so, I fear my ramblings will stir the masses. But I have such fond memories of Fred Allen, Jack Benny, Eve Arden, Gale Gordon, Clayton Moore(the Lone Ranger), Jay Silverheels (Tonto), Tim McCoy, Iron Eyes Cody, and more... It was a wonderful time to grow up--AND, YES, I DID, TOO, GROW UP! (In spite of what you guys think!).

But today's world has its virtues also. I could not have "met" you back in that time...

Back to Scuba: What day do you actually leave?

Joewr--who use to love listening to Jack Benny and Rochester on Sunday nights...

Coz 9:00am to midnight on the 15th, Calica 7:00am to 4:00pm on the 16th. Maybe 2 diving opportunities? :)

46 days and counting. :bounce: :bounce:

And yeah, you are 100% right on the money about that being a great time to grow up. Sometimes I really feel my kids are getting the short shaft in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom