Stockton Lake August 1st-3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only dove east of the 215 bridge. Nice easy access off the road. Getting in and out with the boulder can be challenging sometimes, but not a biggy. Last year I made a dive where I had literally 20+' viz. I've dove 2 times after that and viz was 2-5'. If you can catch it with good viz, it is awesome. So many fish.

I live in the Warrensburg area and we got a little of the rain you guys got in KC, but not to the extent.

No real dive shop in the area of Stockton, I'd secure the tanks and air prior to heading down. I believe one of the local marinas does fill tanks, but not sure on that. I know the State Park does not.

Kifta, can't help you out much.

Snagel

There are no shops to rent tanks from. Orleans Trail Marina will fill your tanks, but call ahead and make sure that someone is there that can run the compressor.

As to the best sites, either side of 215 is decent. Just depends on conditions, and Stockton is a very funny lake. There are times when you swear there will be good vis, and you have none. Other times it is exactly the opposite. I have been freediving Stockton for 14 years, and SCUBA diving it for 1 1/2. I still have not figured things out.

Like nagel said, when it is good it is great! But even the low vis is great for practice. When you can dive very low vis comfortably, you will be amazed when you get somewhere with vis. Personally, I like diving Stockton. I am planning on making a trip over there in the next couple of weeks.

Hope this helps a little.

DW

Anyone game for a dive in early Oct at Lake Stockton?

Are you ok for week day dive? I will be arriving on Sunday (Oct 5th) PM in the Stockton area.

I would be up for some dives during the week. I should be off on the 6th and 7th.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom