Stockton Lake August 1st-3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey DW,

Lifes been busy, this dang job thing is getting in the way of my diving. Where has the summer gone, seems like yesterday I was staring out at the rain and sleet wondering if the winter would ever end.

We are all heading down to Tulsa this weekend (wife has a conference). We planned on heading over the Tenkiller while she was in her conference, but we are hearing nothing but bad things right now at Tenkiller (viz). If TK doesn't work out, we are actually thinking about heading down (or up) to your stomping ground (Oronogo). I heard you're not going to be able to make it there this weekend.

Regarding Stockton, we may get a trip scheduled for 1st part of August. The Clubbs will be in this area and if the timing is right with everything going on - just maybe. This weekend Tulsa or Oronogo; following weekend Mermet; weekend after that my brother from Ohio will be down; after that school starts up again.

Like I said, where has this summer gone????

Good hearing form you and hopefully we can get together some time.

Snagel

I hear you, snagel. In all actuality I am looking forward to some cooler weather!! With the drysuit, this winter should be MUCH more comfortable than last winter!! :)

Wish I could make it to Oronogo this weekend. But I am normally there every other weekend, with trips to Stockton on weekdays in between. I have some conditions that I will post on your website this evening. Stockton appears to be clearing up some, and should continue to do so as long as the rain will continue to hold off.

Drop me a line, and maybe we can set something up. Do some boat dives around 215 bridge. I will PM you some contact info. Keep in touch and we will work something out.

DW

I will be there with my boat. I finally got the ladder fixed so it should be ready to go. I will have my camper at stockton all weekend so we will have a place to hang out between dives.

I know why no one will post a Stockton dive report…. the vis is so good, they want to keep it all to there selves. We’ll get the last laugh. I say we go down there and muck it all up :)

Sorry I didnt reply..... Clay and I met up attempted to do a night dive by the cluffs.... 20 feet deep his light flooded out so we canceled... next day dove 215 with clay and my uncle viz was 5-8 feet at 40 but i had to surface my uncle could equalize.... later that day clay and I dove by the dam 0 viz at 90 feet got entangled in the reel line clay cut me out it was kinda scary but now i know to always dive with a knife

water temp was 60's at depth

Any suggestions about the best site to dive Stockton? I've heard "east of the 215 bridge" but haven't heard any suggestions about viz that are overall positive. Doesn't matter a lot. I'm wondering if the big rain that hit us here in KC this last week made it down that far south in MO?
Also, any recommendations about tank rental in the area?
And since I'm milking free info, does anyone have a good recipe for Kifta?!?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom