Stockton Lake August 1st-3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gosborn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be at Stockton Lake the 1st through 3rd w/ family but if anyone wants to meet up and dive let me know.

I may be up for some diving on some of those days. Matter of fact, we may have the boat out if we don't go to Oronogo. Let me check it out, and I will post what is going on.

DW

Gosborn- Have you dove Stockton before? I wonder what the latest reports are...
I have lived in this area for 8 yrs, and haven't even been to stockton, guys at work talk about going there quite abit, mostly for fishing. Anyway- I might be able to make it that weekend, can't say 100% yet, but it might be a possability.
I will try to keep you posted.

Sounds good to me, never dove there but I'll be there so I might as well dive it

I live in the Stockton area and dive with Dark Wolf on my boat all the time. I have a 28' pontoon that i am rigging out for diving. if anyone is interested i dive 2 or 3 times a week all summer. I don't check this forum very often so e-mail me at clayhwalker@yahoo.com if your interested. I just ordered a new dive ladder today and it should be here in another week or so and i will be back in business.

Conditions at Stockton have been minimal this year due to all the rain. It has been improving lately, though. Vis is still pretty sorry in the shallows, but opens up a bit when you get past 50' or so. But be prepared, it is DARK! You will surely need a light or two.

DW

Now would I do that?! :eyebrow:

The water has been as high as I can remember seeing it this year. I would say 20+ feet high. It has been dropping the last week or so, and is getting down around where it normally is.

Honestly, I don't know why more people don't dive Stockton. Other than the fact that it bottoms out kinda shallow.

When you going to be able to make it back down snagel? Had fun diving with you all last time!

DW

Back
Top Bottom