Stingray Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir:
If you're going to give us a treatise on gallows humor, you should at least slip a joke in there somewhere.

Uhm - writing "... stung" instead of the offending verb was if not entirely a joke then at least an attempt at satire of sorts.

Too subtle?

Anyway you'll get a joke out of me one of these days Vlad, no worries.

erparamedic:
I'd never last that long without the sick and twisted humor, as it's definitely a coping mechanism..

I've been working with seriously troubled youths for years myself facing violence, drug abuse, incest and all the other street classics on a daily basis. Although that type of work doesn't involve the tangible horrors of rescue/emergency-type work - to my collegues and I the grotesque humour was still essential for emotional survival.

To me it was always okay as long as there was no question about the basic loyalty and dedication to the youths in our care.

Empathy with the victims situation and getting the job done was always the bottom line.

It always used to piss me off when people who would very likely never be able to stand their ground in that field would have a holier-than-thou attitude about it. As if it was language that defined the moral higher ground and not action and taking responsibility.

You know what this really all means............

The Rays are now doing COPYCAT stinging !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much media exposure, so of course your gonna get your rays who want their 10 mins of fame.......

Sigh..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom