Stillhouse this week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, where does one go diving at Stillhouse Lake?

carlislere:

The normal shore dive is just south of the marina. Or you can dive anywhere your mobility allows you reach. But it is not the kind of dive you would drive further than Lake Travis to do unless you just want to avoid the crowds.

carlislere:

The lake has a very nice marina with dive shop attached. You can dive at several 'dive parks' set up by the shop owner....or by boat,,, and at one end of the dam which you need a boat to access.
www.scubadiversparadise.net

Hey Willie,
Over Christmas I'd like to head that way and dive Stillhouse on my way down to the coast. ( probably Dec. 16th ~ 23nd week) If my plan works out I'd be going right by there.

Maybe Princess Hemline could join us too. :blinking:

(Oh man... I'm going to get flamed for that :shakehead )

She seems like an awesome person/diver and besides,
it is never a bad idea to have an RN along right !! :wink:

Water temps will be in the mid to high 50's by then, but if you are game....

Timeliner:
Hey Willie,
Over Christmas I'd like to head that way and dive Stillhouse on my way down to the coast. ( probably Dec. 16th ~ 23nd week) If my plan works out I'd be going right by there.

Maybe Princess Hemline could join us too. :blinking:

(Oh man... I'm going to get flamed for that :shakehead )

She seems like an awesome person/diver and besides,
it is never a bad idea to have an RN along right !! :wink:

Watch it, cowboy! Besides, I'll be on a cruise.

:wink:

Game ? Water temps. in the 50's :11doh:

I Might have to even wear gloves :rofl3:

Hemlon:
Watch it, cowboy! Besides, I'll be on a cruise.

:wink:

Guess just me 'n Willie will have the place to ourselves then .

Shucks thats too bad .....

That sort of reminds me of a story though.....

Timeliner:
Game ? Water temps. in the 50's :11doh:

I Might have to even wear gloves :rofl3:

You may also want to rub a little mud inside your mask. That water usually clears up pretty well in December.

I did one dive in the doubles at Stillhouse this afternoon. Very relaxed and stayed in the training area. Max depth was 31' and vis was 5-10' I would say. It was quite clear in places. 68 deg was the temp. I am planning to do another dive tomorrow afternoon with awap. That will be our first dive together.

Ron & Andrew, if you want to get in the 100' range you have to go to a different part of the lake. I have been there once by boat. Would like to try it again sometime. I just needed to stay closer to home this week and was looking for an excuse to see more of Stillhouse than I have seen so far.

Frank, if we cant do diving, in Dec., I will at least by you lunch or dinner on your way south. Just check in as we get closer to the time.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom