Stillhouse Hollow Lake, Belton TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jloving1

Reaction score
I was curious to see who has been out to this place.

I got a chance to tag along with my LDS while they did an OW class this weekend. It was a really nice little place. Of course visibility while swimming behind 8 students who are all negatively bouyant wasn't all that great!!! There were a few little boats and a motorcycle down there to keep us entertained.

There is an albino catfish living in one of the boats and she will let you pet her nose!!!

Water temp was 67 and when the wind picked up yesterday it was a little cool on land!! I was happy as all get out cause it was my 1st non-pool dive in all my new gear and everything worked great and I couldn't have been happier!!

Jen

I made it out there the last 2 weekends. But I had temps in the lower 60's. If you head east out of the normal dive area (platform, sunken boats, ropes connecting; but not protection from overhead boat traffic) it's a couple hundred feet to the dropoff which runs N-S. Vis is 10 to 15 ft. But it is not too important as there is not much to see. Good place to work on navigation skills using compass and bottom contours. Hydrilla that was 10 ft tall is all but gone.

awap:
I made it out there the last 2 weekends. But I had temps in the lower 60's. If you head east out of the normal dive area (platform, sunken boats, ropes connecting; but not protection from overhead boat traffic) it's a couple hundred feet to the dropoff which runs N-S. Vis is 10 to 15 ft. But it is not too important as there is not much to see. Good place to work on navigation skills using compass and bottom contours. Hydrilla that was 10 ft tall is all but gone.

This is good info. to have,,,thanks.

Edwin, the owner there at Scuba Divers Paradise was great. He worked with us real well in hauling all our gear to the other side of this peninsula thing. We didnt dive there in the marina because he had an OW class going on there. I plan on going back weekend after this one and diving the stuff he has in the marina area.

I got in 7 nice dives so I can't complain. Makes the 12 hour round trip all worth it!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom