Still talking about sea sickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwright:
Yeah Kevin....I like to offer out those peanutbutter and sardine sandwiches :wink:
I am certain I have been on a boat with you.
Did I threaten and/or attempt to throw all of your gear overboard when you waved said sandwich under my nose, perchance?

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I'm just going to have to find that right combination. I think I'll try that triptone and ginger first and go from there. If that don't work I'll just be making more of those 15 hour treks to Florida and dive with Kevin. BTW Kevin, Peter put 2 of my pictures on your web site that I took there in December, check it out.

ncwes:
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I'm just going to have to find that right combination. I think I'll try that triptone and ginger first and go from there. If that don't work I'll just be making more of those 15 hour treks to Florida and dive with Kevin. BTW Kevin, Peter put 2 of my pictures on your web site that I took there in December, check it out.

NCWES,

If the above does not work and you find yourself trecking down to Florida, maybe I can tag along. Florida is my favorite east coast place to dive :hideing_b.

Where is Columbia, NC?

LBD

LindaBluedolphin:
NCWES,

If the above does not work and you find yourself trecking down to Florida, maybe I can tag along. Florida is my favorite east coast place to dive :hideing_b.

Where is Columbia, NC?

LBD
Columbia is about 40 miles west of Nags Head on Highway 64. Its the last town you pass through before getting to Manteo. I am determined to find something that works for my seasickness! I shall prevail!!

WadeGuthrie:
13) When all else fails, Compazine suppositories work wonders. I was in 15 ft.
seas (in the Drake passage) on Scopolomine, prescription antivert, ginger,
wearing sea bands, laying down, letting (very) cold air hit me in the face, and
throwing-up. One suppository let me get to sleep and deal with it.

You've got to be kidding? No way is anything going in the one way exit, no matter how much is coming out the other end. Especially not on some rocking and bucking boat!

I remember one time I was pee'ing and I had to break wind, I also happened to sneeze at the same time. I saw stars and thought I blew my O-ring out. :11:

Can't they make these things in pill form?

most vomiting people can't keep pills down long enough to do any good. true during pregnancy as well. some pregnant sickies get put on a reglan punp, giving them slow doses under the skin. i wonder if a few days of reglan or zantac pills beforehand would be beneficial? grier??

and at least ncwd has a designated hair-holder! :wink:

ncwes:
I asked this question a while back and am still trying to find a solution. I get sea sick pretty much everytime I go off shore. When I was younger it never bothered me, but as I get older its become a problem. I've tried all the seasick pills and even bought one of those electronic sea band things and tried it. I went out of Hatteras late last summer and had that thing turned wide open. The seas were about as good as it gets. My hand was numb and the muscles were contracting and I was over the side tossing my cookies. I was so frustrated! On a different dive a buddy of mine gave me a prescription patch you wear behind your ear and seemed to help but made me feel terrible. Light headed, extreme dry mouth, and jittery. I did some reef diving just before Christmas with Splashdown divers in Boynton Beach Florida. It was only a 20 minute boat ride and I fared pretty well. I absolutely loved the reef diving but I don't want to have to give up diving NC Wrecks. Does anyone have any home remedies or something that works well for them that I might can try.

I started a thread about that a little while ago:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=91335

If you read it you'll find some more suggestions.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom