Still in Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salub2007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dove Lolobby Cove in Rockport yesterday.

And just for fun took out the new drysuit.
Whites Fusion Sport

Other than the added weight (I was overweighted, had
lighted undergarments on..) I had a wonderful dive.
Anyone have a system to when they dive dry as opposed
to wet?

I'm fine in a wetsuit at 45 degrees, however nothing beats
diving dry and warm.

Also maybe it's my browser, but no one has posted to
NELD in a few days. Hope everyone has a great 4th Weekend.

~Mark

Why would you ever want to dive wet when you have a new drysuit? I did one ocean dive in a wet suit and that was enough!
Pat B

Why would you ever want to dive wet when you have a new drysuit? I did one ocean dive in a wet suit and that was enough!
Pat B
I like to dive wet when the water is really warm (55 and above) as I can cut 10-12 pounds off of my weight and buoyancy is easier. That said, I only do this for a short time each year (and it is getting shorter each year).

On the other hand, I dove dry this weekend in 63 degree water because I was alone and can't zip my rear-zip wetsuit. (I CAN get into my drysuit alone.)

I'll dive my neopreme dry suit in Cape Cod Bay all summer with just shorts...... but I ain't walkin...and I look like a speeded up movie ''dressing on the boat and bailing over'' Sometimes putting my flippers on at the bottom....HOT!!!

I'll dive my neopreme dry suit in Cape Cod Bay all summer with just shorts...... but I ain't walkin...and I look like a speeded up movie ''dressing on the boat and bailing over'' Sometimes putting my flippers on at the bottom....HOT!!!

When I saw your post, I initially thought you were a dive buddy of mine using a different user name. That's because he always says "Neopreme" instead of "Neoprene". I thought it was just him.

North Shore MA is dry suit diving IMO. I was in the water 2.5 hours in my wet suit this past Sunday off Newport temp was 65F.
When I go to the North Shore I use my dry suit especially if diving 100+fsw.

I can get in one dive wet, with almost certain hypothermia on the second (NH/Maine/North Shore, MA). I like the flexibility/mobility in the wet suit, but for us the ocean is a 2-2.5 hour drive so it's more rewarding to sacrifice the flexibility/mobility for the additional dives and minutes of bottom times that the drysuit affords.

If the day is nice and the water is warm enough, like 52F+ I'd much rather be wet. It requires no attention whatsoever, I'm just as warm and I get into the water with no stress. If there is a delay a bottle of water in the collar breaks the heat.

Diving dry a bottle poured down in the hood helps a lot but perspiration is still loading into the suit. A site with shade also helps a lot.

The $$ at risk diving a wetsuit is much less for most divers. That can be a factor at a hairy site.

Each suit has it's place for me. The drysuit has real bling when it's cool or cold out, evenings and when the water is a actually cold.

If I bring it down to one decision point it may be the likelihood of getting into the water with limited heat stress. Today's dives are just such a case, open site, bright sun, breeze from the land and 80+F.

Pete

I bought a wetsuit this year thinking I would save some wear and tear on my drysuit. I used it once on a 2nd dive. The water was 47-49 degrees at depth, and I quickly remembered why I started diving dry in the first place. I'm going to try it again tomorrow morning at 5 am in Magnolia before work, but it's not looking good switching back to wet for me. Guess I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold.

When I saw your post, I initially thought you were a dive buddy of mine using a different user name. That's because he always says "Neopreme" instead of "Neoprene". I thought it was just him.
No prob I used to say ''neropreme'' Jeeze I still call a BCD a BC. And The Pool ''the cement pond''

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom