Stiletto/Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am very close to ordering a Stiletto B.C. but I would like opinions on my decision to choose the Stiletto over the Ranger.
I never plan on diving twin cylinders. I dive wearing a 7mm which needs 22lbs to sink to a speedo which I need 3lbs to sink so I don't think I need 44lbs of bouyancy lift. I think 35 lbs of lift will offer plenty of flotation on the surface when needed. I don't carry extra stuff so the two small pockets on the Stiletto will be sufficient.
Or should I just order the Ranger?

I just purchased a Stilletto. I wish that I had known that the bladders are interchangable. After purchasing the Stilletto I found out that I could have gotten a ranger with a Stilletto bladder for some cost savings. This would have given me the smaller bladder along with extra D-rings, larger pockets, etc. of the Ranger.

Tom

I bought a Stilletto and love it! One reason I chose it over the ranger as that it packs extremely small. I can fit the Stilletto, regs, mask, computer, camera, SMB, shortie, small light, all in a carry-on.

superstar:
I am very close to ordering a Stiletto B.C. but I would like opinions on my decision to choose the Stiletto over the Ranger.
I never plan on diving twin cylinders. I dive wearing a 7mm which needs 22lbs to sink to a speedo which I need 3lbs to sink so I don't think I need 44lbs of bouyancy lift. I think 35 lbs of lift will offer plenty of flotation on the surface when needed. I don't carry extra stuff so the two small pockets on the Stiletto will be sufficient.
Or should I just order the Ranger?

You might also check out the Brigade at Scubatoys. It combines the Ranger harness with the Escape 35lb. lift bladder. FYI.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleBrigade

Good Luck!

After about 3 years shopping for a new BC I ordered a Stiletto last week with red shoulders and vest to jazz it up some. I went for the 12lb mesh weight pouches. I have always dove with a plastic back pack and weight belt, I hope I can adapt to the new integrated weight system. Now what do I do with that old 12 inch long knife?

I think you'll adapt to the integrated weight system fine. Hopefully I'll never need to jettison weights, but in a future pool practice session I just might yank the red dump button to get familiar with how to re-rig the thing.

superstar:
After about 3 years shopping for a new BC I ordered a Stiletto last week with red shoulders and vest to jazz it up some. I went for the 12lb mesh weight pouches. I have always dove with a plastic back pack and weight belt, I hope I can adapt to the new integrated weight system. Now what do I do with that old 12 inch long knife?

Congrats on the BC...I love my Brigade.

What to do with the 12" knife. Sell it on e-bay and buy something smaller. :D

Skinsfan1311:
I bought a Stilletto and love it! One reason I chose it over the ranger as that it packs extremely small. I can fit the Stilletto, regs, mask, computer, camera, SMB, shortie, small light, all in a carry-on.

Really?! On a carry on? Sounds like a lot of tight packing!

You'd be surprised what is considered a "carry-on" anymore.....just joking...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom