Stiletto/Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar:
After about 3 years shopping for a new BC I ordered a Stiletto last week with red shoulders and vest to jazz it up some. I went for the 12lb mesh weight pouches. I have always dove with a plastic back pack and weight belt, I hope I can adapt to the new integrated weight system. Now what do I do with that old 12 inch long knife?

I have one of the old ScubaPro bone handle knifes. I hung it on the wall with my old ScubaPro gear operated computer!:rofl3:

So what's your opinion on the stilleto? have you got it in the water yet? My roommate just bought one....this past weekend and hasn't dove with it yet.....I like how it seems to have less "bulk" to it then the ranger....even the D rings and pockets all seem to be smaller which i like. I have the ranger but i told him i'd trade him if he wants, since i use a bp/harness for doubles, i would never need 44lbs of lift even with the LP108s i use for my normal diving.

tampausmc:
So what's your opinion on the stilleto? have you got it in the water yet? My roommate just bought one....this past weekend and hasn't dove with it yet.....I like how it seems to have less "bulk" to it then the ranger....even the D rings and pockets all seem to be smaller which i like. I have the ranger but i told him i'd trade him if he wants, since i use a bp/harness for doubles, i would never need 44lbs of lift even with the LP108s i use for my normal diving.
I have not dove mine yet, planning a trip to the Keys with my daughter when school's out. I will be able to give it a go then, can't wait. What impressed me about the Stiletto is the size, lack of bulk compared to the Ranger. All my diving is single tank, I don't bring many extras with me when I dive so I don't need many d-rings. The most weight I need is 22lbs with my 7mm and the Stiletto handles the weight and offers plenty of lift with it's 30lb bladder.
Zeagle also has the custom color option. This may seem corny but I like the Red Wings so I ordered a BC with red shoulder straps and the BC is getting Red Wing patches sewn on the pockets at the local leather shop. Just a bit of red to jazz it up. Now when I'm on that cattle boat in the tropics my BC won't look like every other plain black BC on the boat.

I am curious, can you set up the brigade to hold doubles?

Yes. However, you'll likely have to swap out for a larger bladder (44 lb. Ranger or 65 lb. Tech).

I just finished swapping in a Tech bladder on my Brigade. Even though I didn't know what I was doing (first time and all that) it took me less than 30 mins.

Yet another vote for the Brigade ... the Zeagle BC where the Stiletto and Ranger meet

Back
Top Bottom