Stiletto BCD - best place to position small knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Forgive me if this has already been covered elsewhere. I just picked up a 3" Winoka knife and want to attach it to my bcd. I want it to be easily accessible but prefer not to sliice anythiing vital (equipment or person). Was thinkink of using the supplied "rivet thingies" to position it transversally on the cumberbun. Feedback? Thanks.

Glenn

That's what I did. Or rather had my lds do. I had them imitate how the knife had been positioned on my balanced BCD.

I put mine vertically next to the "Zeagle". It's a Ranger but same idea...

zeaglemount.jpg

Good suggestions, thanks.

I logged my question using a Kobo Vox and the spell checker wasn't working very well apparently. Also, apologies to the knife manufacturer... Wenoka (not Winoka). And Mr. Zeagle... I love my Stiletto!!! (and I finally got around to ordering the yellow weight pocket thingies)

Diversteve - that location looks... a little bit out of the way. Maybe you're more flexible than me. : )
Capt.Gene - yessir, I was thinking of the upper left shoulder strap too. There are some fabric loops there that would work pretty well.
I am attaching two photos. One illustrates the knife directly on the cumberbun (perhaps like farsidefan1...).
I think, though, near the pocket like in the second photo would work well with a knife this size. Anyone see a down side?

I also have my other knife attached to my inside left calf.

Thanks.

Stiletto1.jpgStiletto2.jpg
attachment.php

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom