Steroid use on ocean animals at Cozumel!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is one about the same size in the bottom of the C-53 wreck...I've got a picture of it at home....that sucker was huge....

I couldn't tell if this is the Moray with half a jaw or the mate ?? Both put on the best show for us in January on our very last dive. we were actually ready to start to our safety stop prep when they showed up. Needless to say we took a few extra minutes to enjoy their antics. ( Of course within safe diving limits) Wonderful video, very happy you were in the right place at the right time to see this guy in action and get the footage. Thanks. Sue

Nice video. We saw a monster moray on Tunich back October, not free swimming though.

On five different days at five different sites we saw free swimming green morays. I have never seen that many just out hunting like that. One came right up to me that I put my video housing to its' face as I got worried about being bit. I was out of card space by then, that would have been the money shot.

That was a BIG eel!

Thanks.
I was shocked how big it was. I was stretched out with my finger in a hold, layed out in the current on the floor, it was a least a foot or more longer than me. So I hit it at 8-9ft. Its' body at the neck was a big as mine, a freaking huge animal. When it paused to look at me I really kept an I eye on it for more movement towards me. Ya just never know. My camera in my hand may have looked like a tasty morsel being handed to it. Yikes. For sure it is the biggest I have ever come across.

That might be the one I saw last sep. He was hanging out under a big rock outcrop. I have a picture, let me see if I can find it.

PICT0199.jpg

Yeah, that's him. Sorry the picture sucks so bad. Can't really tell by the picture but I reckon he was 6-7 ft.

Last edited:
Cool vid! Arnold Swartzeneeler!

Maybe it's this guy, he was backed up into some coral, but his head was EASILY as big as a football!
BigGreenMorey.jpg

Morays are cool. I can't stand snakes, but I am fascinated by morays! Here is one I found chilling next to a nurse shark at paso cedral last time.

t-21 days till paradise!

Attachments

• PICT0082.jpg
    PICT0082.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 89
Hey Joey that's the coolest pic I've seen of two creatures together like that. The only other animals that I have seen so cuddly together like that is my goofy lab and the cat. That's a money shot for sure you took. great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom