Stepping back from customer service on Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just my 2c; a complete step-back for a long time mayn't be best for customer service / biz generally.

Perhaps that other thread serves as a good example of how a hundreds of posts invariably lead to a mess with frustration reigning supreme, whereas the intention of the vast majority of posters was simply to ask what they thought were relevant questions.

Perhaps a better way forward is for a client/potential client to post a specific question, unambiguously in a new thread in your sub-forum, and they receive an answer and unless there's some newly discovered ambiguity in a short while you ask for the thread to be closed. That way your sub-forum has value, it's clean, clear, no mess .... and above all no frustration etc ... just an idea.

Hate to see you go but completely understand why you are. Thank you for answering all our questions and taking the time to be responsive prior to this on the forums. One of the main things that attracted me to deep 6 in the first place was the fact you guys were always so helpful and responsive. I love your gear and will continue to support you guys as a company.

Completely understandable given the crap I saw being slung in the DC thread - but I do hate to see the trolls screw it up for the rest who found your presence here valuable!
I don’t really understand. Did anyone in the thread actually say anything bad about the new computer, or just wanted proof that it does what they said it did? I don’t have a problem with “proving” the GF match what they say, I think it’s just doing due diligence? Also, how many computers has that thread sold? It’s been really successful!

maybe the best idea is to hire someone who’s job it is to do customer service? I think having a presence on scubaboard is important, and D6 is loved here, so I’m not sure why you would want to change anything...

Well I guess you will just have to come back out here so I can pester you with all my Deep 6 questions.

I do hate to see the trolls screw it up for the rest who found your presence here valuable

This is why we can't have nice things.

This is why we can't have nice things.

we have nice things? Where are these nice things you speak of?? :poke:

I can’t imagine the fine line it is to walk between transparency and social engagement and public customer support. I am enjoying my Deep6 products and hope for continued successes and a long future in the scuba industry.

Back
Top Bottom