Steel tank+Metal STA-worried about rust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smb1014

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to get some Worthington or PST HP 100s. I have a Halcyon Eclipse 30 bp/w plus the metal single tank adapter. I am worried that the metal single tank adapter might scratch up the new tank and cause rust/deterioration. Should I be worried? or should I protect the tank some how, if so, what do you guys/gals suggest to protect the tank?
Thanks!

It won't hurt 'em. Both PST and Worthington use hot-dipped galvanized tanks that are incredibly tough. Don't sweat the STA. The only thing it will scratch is any stickers you might have on the inside.

I use DiveRite TransPlate with STA, PST HP100 tank.

Same as above. When I teach rec. scuba I've used the Halcyon metal adapter. No scratches noted on any tank...including peel of paint Ally tanks. X

p.s. on that note the cam bands can peel off paints on Ally's on those rare occasions, but not on the steels

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom