Steel 120 Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Natural

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone use them? I have 2 steel 120s just sitting here at my house and since I eventually plan on taking a deco class I was thinking about slapping these bad boys together.

One of my dive buddies (Karen) will occasionally dive with independent double HP 120's. One plus a pony is enough for me.

The Natural:
Anyone use them? I have 2 steel 120s just sitting here at my house and since I eventually plan on taking a deco class I was thinking about slapping these bad boys together.

I have a set of Faber lp 120's. They are big and heavy. They have their uses, but I would not recommend them as a first set of doubles.

In your deco class you are going to find the size of buddies tanks matter too. If you have the only 120's you will be humping huge tanks without being able to make good use of them.

As always check with your instructor, you will likely find something like a pair of al 80's or steel 85's is plenty.

Tobin

We have about 4 AL 80s here 2 steel 120s, and my dads double steel 85s. I have so many tanks I don't know what to do with them. :lol: I think I'll make coffee table supports out of the extras.

The Natural:
We have about 4 AL 80s here 2 steel 120s, and my dads double steel 85s. I have so many tanks I don't know what to do with them. :lol: I think I'll make coffee table supports out of the extras.

Borrow the 85's from dad.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom