STEALTH 2.0 Sidemount - Try Before You Buy in US & Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh, found it.

So for those that have used the Stealth, how do you like how the wing attaches? That's the one thing that I'm thrown off about. In a high flow cave situation like Ginnie, does it really need to be cinched down tightly to prevent sliding or is it very comfortable?

I've never had mine in a high flow cave like Ginne, but it's comfortable and I don't have it cinched tight enough that I notice it. It's sort of a non-issue.

Thanks for the info.

I like the info video, but it'd be nice to see a video focused on setup of the system and the actual use of some of it's key features like the sliding oring.

Can't disagree with you about the video. I used pics from there manual and Facebook to set mine up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone shortened the inflator's corrugated hose so as to clip it off on the left instead of the right? Wondering if it still worked the same. I see no reason as to why it wouldn't. I prefer it on the left dring.

I saw there were some backorders on the unit a while back. Is it available without a delay at this point?

Has anyone shortened the inflator's corrugated hose so as to clip it off on the left instead of the right? Wondering if it still worked the same. I see no reason as to why it wouldn't. I prefer it on the left dring.

I saw there were some backorders on the unit a while back. Is it available without a delay at this point?

yes, I'm using both versions with same effect, have one wing with short 12" inflator (including in that number elbow and power inflator length) which I'm using bunged to my left d-ring and other shown in video across chest option. When I use two wings one on top of another for redundancy there is one inflator on each side of my chest. Very clean, easy to use neat configuration. Use can use the short inflator on the regular basis so there is nothing crossing your chest.

Just give me a bit more time and will post the pictures :)

Cheers !

P.S. We had a choke up time due to huge request for Stealth but we have a more than enough of any xDeep item so feel free to contact one of our dealers or us directly for assistance in purchasing.

yes, I'm using both versions with same effect, have one wing with short 12" inflator (including in that number elbow and power inflator length) which I'm using bunged to my left d-ring and other shown in video across chest option. When I use two wings one on top of another for redundancy there is one inflator on each side of my chest. Very clean, easy to use neat configuration. Use can use the short inflator on the regular basis so there is nothing crossing your chest.

Just give me a bit more time and will post the pictures :)

Cheers !

P.S. We had a choke up time due to huge request for Stealth but we have a more than enough of any xDeep item so feel free to contact one of our dealers or us directly for assistance in purchasing.

No worries. I just got an email you shipped mine out today.

I definitely think being a new idea in how to mount the wing and things such as the sliding drings, more in depth videos or hints about use and setup would be helpful.

On the shorter hose, did you just cut it down to the length you wanted or had to use a spare hose. I know some of the corrugated hoses are flat after the corrugation to accept the inflator, so simply cutting into the corrugated area to shorten won't allow the inflator to be installed properly.

Great news for everybody wanting to test drive a Stealth 2.0 (and other cool gear), we have a regular dive gear rental program just started and will add progressively more great dive toys to the rental collection, of course we have started with Stealth as an one of those. For details and list of available products visit: Tech and Rec Scuba Gear for Rent

Please let me know if you have any questions or specific dive gear in mind that we should make available for rent soon.

Cheers everybody !

I am really interested in the stealth but there are no dealers near me (vancouver canada). Also does it provide enough lift for heavier steel tanks? I have two x7-100's i like to dive with out here in the cold waters off our coast. You guys expanding out this way anytime soon?

... but before you try one of Stealth system check this awesome video sent from Mexico !!!

[video=youtube;noABMZdOXa0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noABMZdOXa0[/video]

Wow! That is a great video

Sarge
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am really interested in the stealth but there are no dealers near me (vancouver canada). Also does it provide enough lift for heavier steel tanks? I have two x7-100's i like to dive with out here in the cold waters off our coast. You guys expanding out this way anytime soon?

I dive mine with Faber 120s and there are no issues. It easily keeps my head above the water at the surface in the fresh water lakes here in Alberta.

If anyone want to test drive a Stealth and there is no xDeep dealer around please check our scuba gear rental store section.

it will allow you to experience it without buying and if you wish to purchase one after, the rental fee can be transferred toward your new set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom