Staying at Moon Palace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stichrunner

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be stay at the moon palace and looking for a dive shop thats kinda close. i love diving but my soon to be wife does not share the same feelings so i would like to be-able to dive in the morning and not be gone all day any recommendations would be nice. thanks.

Moon Palace is the mega resort of the coast and a lot closer to Cancun than to points south. See if a Cancun based op will pick you up for morning dives. For all I know, MP may have an onsite dive op.

I am a member of Palace Resorts. Guaranteed they have a hookup with a dive shop. Just call the resort, ask for the dive shack, and ask them who they dive with. It doesn't cost much at all to call down there. Then call the dive shop and book direct with them. You'll save money.

We usually stay at Palace Resorts at Aventura Spa about 50 miles south and they have the same kind of setup. The resort was charging $78 for two dives no matter how many dives you did. The dive shop was charging $60 for two dives if you booked ten dives (five trips) with them.

thanks for all the info . what do y'all recommend or the better dive sites around this area. some pics i see look like there in a jungle in a cave or water hole that looks like something i would like to do.

thanks for all the info . what do y'all recommend or the better dive sites around this area. some pics i see look like there in a jungle in a cave or water hole that looks like something i would like to do.

Those are called cenotes. Most are located a hour or two south of MP. The Yucatan has the best cavern diving in the world. But you should be very comfortable in the water before you cenote dive, they are not beginner dives. They are dark, cold, you move slow and have to have very good buoyancy control.

Ok I thought that's what they where called but was not sure.
I'm advanced open water and feel pretty good about buoyancy control but some of my people are not so thanks for the heads up. What about reefs or wrecks around mp that stick out. Any info helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom