State of emergency in Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thailand is just as bad.
I knew that as I had mentioned in another post.
Two complete extreme between Bangkok and Phuket( international tourists have been arriving since 1st Jul)

Those five states had the following new reported cases yesterday:
Kelantan: 89
Perak: 101
Pahang: 200
Terengganu: 51
Perlis: 2

Here's what Phase 2 actually means and why these 5 states have been allowed to move on from Phase 1: Five states to enter Phase 2 of NRP on July 5

Not surprising that the numbers are much higher in the most industrialized states with also much higher population density:
Selangor: 3,047
WP Kuala Lumpur: 616

It's typical that the government keeps flipflopping between what they want to do on a daily basis but it causes a lot of confusion and frustration among the population.
Interstate travel would be allowed from November at the earliest. Yet the states with people that have the most money to spend on domestic tourism are in Selangor and KL. Pretty much the entire country's economy depends on these states.

At least some identified industries are allowed to operate and some people can earn money in those 5 states. A bit more freedom as well(dining out, cut hair etc etc). Even a game of badminton(non-contacted sport).

Yes, I got both my shots while I was still living in Switzerland. And it's updated in the Malaysian app too. I also have my own gear, as I wouldn't want to use a rental. I fully plan to be cautious. I'm actually hoping to get enough people at work to fill the boat. Maybe we can dive and work as a bubble...lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom